Is it possible to re-sensitizing your dick?

Chad Constantine
This topic is 2092 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

:eek: You think it’s that serious?

I don’t think it’s serious, but it is treatable...but will likely need lifestyle and diet changes. but a dr eliminates possibilities

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could try shockwave therapy.

Shockwave therapy uses energy from acoustic waves to trigger a process called neovascularization in certain parts of the body. When neovascularization occurs, new blood vessels form. This helps improve blood flow to the region.

This type of therapy has been used to help heart patients, people with kidney stones, and those with fractures and joint inflammation. Recently, scientists have investigated low-intensity shockwave therapy to help men with erectile dysfunction (ED).

Blood flow is critical to a man’s erections. When a man is sexually stimulated, arteries widen so that his penis can fill with blood. The blood is what gives the penis the firmness needed for penetration. A man who has problems with blood flow to the penis may have weaker erections or may be unable to have erections at all.

To administer shockwave therapy, a clinician applies a probe to the penis, which is coated in a special gel. Different areas of the penis are usually targeted. Treatment sessions may last for fifteen to twenty minutes. Men usually don’t need anesthesia or experience pain, although they might have a tingling sensation in the treated area.

You could try shockwave therapy.

Shockwave therapy uses energy from acoustic waves to trigger a process called neovascularization in certain parts of the body. When neovascularization occurs, new blood vessels form. This helps improve blood flow to the region.

This type of therapy has been used to help heart patients, people with kidney stones, and those with fractures and joint inflammation. Recently, scientists have investigated low-intensity shockwave therapy to help men with erectile dysfunction (ED).

Blood flow is critical to a man’s erections. When a man is sexually stimulated, arteries widen so that his penis can fill with blood. The blood is what gives the penis the firmness needed for penetration. A man who has problems with blood flow to the penis may have weaker erections or may be unable to have erections at all.

To administer shockwave therapy, a clinician applies a probe to the penis, which is coated in a special gel. Different areas of the penis are usually targeted. Treatment sessions may last for fifteen to twenty minutes. Men usually don’t need anesthesia or experience pain, although they might have a tingling sensation in the treated area.

Oh wow I have heard of shockwave therapy and my chiropractor would use one of those tens units on my back. Never knew they modified it for the penis.

Oh wow I have heard of shockwave therapy and my chiropractor would use one of those tens units on my back. Never knew they modified it for the penis.

TENS units are inexpensive...I use one FOR MY NECK...but for “the boy?”

I'm not dismissing the physical factors that may be contributing to what you're experiencing. I'm all for current blood work, a physical, and a check-up to rule out biological factors. Take a look at your diet, exercise, weight, and more.

But, I want to also touch on the the psychological factors: stress and over-training. If you have trained yourself to cum when your penis is held very firmly, then anything other than very firm may not be stimulating. Even worse, the stress and associated anxiety, fear, and worry with "not performing" create a self-reinforcing psychological habit that discourages cumming or as it progresses even maintaining an erection.

The over-training issue and psychological ED both fall under Male Orgasmic Disorder.

https://www.allaboutcounseling.com/library/male-orgasmic-disorder/

If you have trained your body to cum only with very firm grips, it will take practice and time to retrain for variability again. Plus, you'll want to work through the associated psychological issues related to performance anxiety, fear, etc. You can do all of this though! Awareness, patience, compassion, and persistence will help. Good luck!

The article doesn’t include medication as a cause for ED and the inability to achieve orgasm. Antidepressants were a major factor for me.

The article doesn’t include medication as a cause for ED and the inability to achieve orgasm. Antidepressants were a major factor for me.

I didn't say it was comprehensive or included every physiological factor. That's why I mentioned check-ups, blood-work, etc. first. ;)

Anti-depression meds are well known for causing ED for a sizable percent of the population. I'm sorry they were a major factor for you. I hope you were able to work with your doc to find a suitable substitute.

https://www.healthline.com/health/erectile-dysfunction/antidepressant-sexual-side-effects#medications