Whatsapp....I need some help

thickornotatall
This topic is 2079 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I hope someone can help me with a problem ...I have installed WhatsApp and am trying to add some friends in The UK...I've tried to contact them by using my contacts on my cell...Apparently I am missing a step...I did manage to chat with a friend here the US...only one though....Is this an invitation based app?...Any help is appreciated...

Yes..I added the +44 and then the number...I'll try again...Am I correct in thinking the person I wan t to call/chat needs an invite..or may I call /chat direct?...

If the person you are calling does not have WhatsApp, yes. He will receive an invitation to download and install the app in his phone.

It is my understanding that you can only use WhatsApp to connect to other WhatsApp users. For instance, you cannot call to a land line number, or to a cell number in a phone with no WhatsApp installed.

If the person you are calling does not have WhatsApp, yes. He will receive an invitation to download and install the app in his phone.

It is my understanding that you can only use WhatsApp to connect to other WhatsApp users. For instance, you cannot call to a land line number, or to a cell number in a phone with no WhatsApp installed.

Yes...that is also my understanding....I have tried to use it by using the contacts in my cell....I'll have to email my friends in London to make sure they have that app...I thought he did..maybe not

Thanks for your help

To reiterate one point that's in the FAQ linked to above, make sure you omit the leading zero on UK phone numbers. When I installed WhatsApp, the application automatically detected all the numbers in my contact list that used it (I already had most of my contacts in the full international format). In my phone's contact list entries that were WhatsApp enabled had an icon for the app.