CRAZY

bigguyinpasadena
This topic is 6515 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest alanm

The Philadelphia Gay and Lesbian Film Fest is always held at the same time as Outfest. Thanks for the heads up on CRAZY. I hadn't planned to see it, now I will. Check out "Two Drifters" a film from Portugal if its playing in LA.

Deej - it's hard to follow what's going on in the film unless you were familiar with the changes going on in Quebec society in the 1960s and 1970s. The theme song, Patsy Cline's "Crazy," of course, reflects the film's title - and also the first letter of the name of each of the sons, when spelled out, is "C.R.A.Z.Y." It's a great movie, though, and a good reflection of what it was like growing up gay in Quebec in that period. Enjoy....

Sashek

Guest alanm

I checked the Outfest schedule and noticed that "Another Gay Movie" is playing. Catch if you can, if only to see James ("Boy Meets Boy") do three nude scenes near the end. The movie is a silly gay version of "American Pie." But, James Getzlaff has a better body that I expected.

CRAZY basically swept the Canadian OSCARs. It's definitely a high quality film.

Check out Colma: The Musical if it's playing at a festival near you. It's about 2 friends who just graduated from HS and how their friendships change and evolve. The main characters are only 1/3 gay but it's a terrific indie film and the music is very catchy.

Archived