Do You Like Pineapple On Your Pizza?

Avalon
This topic is 2099 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yup, I like the sweetness, how it goes with the savory taste of the sauce and crust. Although recently I made a pizza and I discovered I liked the taste better without the pineapple. So next time without the pineapple!

I find the outrage by Italians over pineapple on pizza a little hypocritical... My friend lived in Italy for more than ten years so I've visited there quite a number of times and I was surprised to see the stuff they throw on pizza's there! Even fries! Hahaha.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, I like the sweetness, how it goes with the savory taste of the sauce and crust. Although recently I made a pizza and I discovered I liked the taste better without the pineapple. So next time without the pineapple!

I find the outrage by Italians over pineapple on pizza a little hypocritical... My friend lived in Italy for more than ten years so I've visited there quite a number of times and I was surprised to see the stuff they throw on pizza's there! Even fries! Hahaha.

I had potato pizza (not with French fries) in Rome once. I now make it often with thinly sliced potatoes and mushrooms (sautéed a bit first) and herbs de Provence, sometimes on red sauce sometimes just good olive oil. Some times cheese sometimes not. I’m Not a huge fan of sun-dried tomatoes, but they are often found in this potato pizza as well.

I had potato pizza (not with French fries) in Rome once. I now make it often with thinly sliced potatoes and mushrooms (sautéed a bit first) and herbs de Provence, sometimes on red sauce sometimes just good olive oil. Some times cheese sometimes not. I’m Not a huge fan of sun-dried tomatoes, but they are often found in this potato pizza as well.

I am going to be one of those hypocritical Italians. That is not a pizza. That is something that sounds really delicious that the French stole and made their own. Herbes de Provence on pizza. Please! It is like going to the Louvre and scanning its walls. You can just point and scream "Stolen", "Stolen", "Stolen". As my grandmother used to say, "If it had not been for the fact that Catherine de Medici had not brought the fork to France they would still be eating with their hands." OK, it's not true but the Italians like to think so. ;)

I am going to be one of those hypocritical Italians. That is not a pizza. That is something that sounds really delicious that the French stole and made their own. Herbes de Provence on pizza. Please! It is like going to the Louvre and scanning its walls. You can just point and scream "Stolen", "Stolen", "Stolen". As my grandmother used to say, "If it had not been for the fact that Catherine de Medici had not brought the fork to France they would still be eating with their hands." OK, it's not true but the Italians like to think so. ;)

Rolling on the carpet laughing out loud and tears rolling down the cheeks... :p:D

I've had a bunch of Italian friends and have heard a lot of their opinions, but the above from @TruthBTold takes the prize... Mille grazie! Ciao...!

As my grandmother used to say, "If it had not been for the fact that Catherine de Medici had not brought the fork to France they would still be eating with their hands." OK, it's not true but the Italians like to think so. ;)

I was unaware of the story about Catherine de Medici and the fork. Thanks!

https://www.cooksinfo.com/catherine-de-medici

I like anchovies!

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-good-anchovy-pizza-combinations

Years back when I ate pizza they would put the anchovies in a cup on the side.

You can NEVER have too many Anchovies! Used to be (may still be) local Pizza Place in South Portland, ME that had an all you could eat luncheon buffet and a 12" PLATTER of Anchovies alonh w/ salads. Anchovy Lovers HEAVEN!!!!!!!

I don't really cook. I used to think that pizza was a healthy choice. Afterall it had the basic food groups. There used to be a place in town that had a special on three pizzas. My meal preparation for the week was done. Nothing beats cold pizza for breakfast! I was surprised to find out that not only was pizza bad for you it was also fattening. It's been so long ago.

I don't really cook. I used to think that pizza was a healthy choice. Afterall it had the basic food groups. There used to be a place in town that had a special on three pizzas. My meal preparation for the week was done. Nothing beats cold pizza for breakfast! I was surprised to find out that not only was pizza bad for you it was also fattening. It's been so long ago.

My favorite memory as a child was my mother's cold pizza for breakfast. It is still my go-to food. If they find me dead with a pizza on my chest on my kitchen floor with a smile on my face don't be surprised.

Cold lasagna or baked ziti is good too.

~Boomer~

As I've said I don't really cook. I had a (female) coworker whose boyfriend made a good lasagna. So I paid him to make it for me. He'd then cut it up and put them into freezer bags. All I needed to do was defrost and microwave.

Not familiar with ziti but it looks good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziti

As I've said I don't really cook. I had a (female) coworker whose boyfriend made a good lasagna. So I paid him to make it for me. He'd then cut it up and put them into freezer bags. All I needed to do was defrost and microwave. . . . .

God that sounds great. I used to make both a good lasagna and baked ziti but without doing it have lost the skill over the years.

...not with French fries...

As I’m sure Wolfer could tell you, fries are NOT French :mad:. They’re Belgian.

And no pineapple on my pizza. I keep savory and sweet separate.

As I’m sure Wolfer could tell you, fries are NOT French :mad:. They’re Belgian.

And no pineapple on my pizza. I keep savory and sweet separate.

My bad adding the word “French” to fries. You have no idea how I should know better.:eek:

There is a USA nationwide shortage of frozen potato fries happening now, prices to restaurants increasing 25%...watch your fry prices at your favorite spots. Blame Taco Bell nacho fries, and some farming/drought issues. More/worse predicted into 2019