Vegas. Sept 18

LaffingBear
This topic is 2070 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi @LaffingBear, I took one of the Grand Canyon helicopter tours this last June. I was in Vegas celebrating my birthday and the helicopter tour was in my bucket list. Here is their contact info: reservations@gcflight.com or at 702-472-9494.

The helicopter pilots are very knowledgeable of the areas you will be flying over and every few minutes they keep giving you current and historical information. They make a stop at the Grand Canyon for lunch and to take more pictures and then they fly you back. It was a first for me to be inside a helicopter and enjoyed the tour a lot. You can find a lot different reviews in Tripadvisor.com

If you decide on it, hope you have fun...!

• 3 weeks later...

This will be my 3rd trip to LV in 5 mos.

First time renting a car, though, as prior trips earned me free parking for next year.

So... any thoughts

• Worth a trip to Hoover Dam if never seen?
  • Any local, off strip gay venues, bars, worth a visit weeknights?
  • Any local, off-strip restaurants worth a visit... I recall a discussion a few months ago regarding some Thai Restaurant.......?

This will be my 3rd trip to LV in 5 mos.

First time renting a car, though, as prior trips earned me free parking for next year.

So... any thoughts

• Worth a trip to Hoover Dam if never seen?
  • Any local, off strip gay venues, bars, worth a visit weeknights?
  • Any local, off-strip restaurants worth a visit... I recall a discussion a few months ago regarding some Thai Restaurant.......?

just be careful driving around LV.....many locals are self-important hotshots behind the wheel......more so than other places, it seems

if you've never been to Hoover Dam, you should check it off since you're in the area.....google around for tour information and options.....also, make time to park at the "Pedestrian Plaza" along the access road to the dam so you can walk out on the new-ish bridge over the river.....just before you get to the bridge sidewalk are great displays on the construction and memorials to the two people the bridge is named after, one from NV and one from AZ......I won't blame you if you get a bit misty while reading about Pat Tillman.......there is a quick security check along the road to the dam.....a new bypass of Boulder City just opened last month

Just as a side note... I wonder why Adonis continues to advertise that they have a Vegas location.

The website says they're looking. Its at least a year now, I think. A new AZ locale is opening... they move around in other cities. But no progress in LV. Not even once per quarter?

I'd interpret that as having given up on a market, but unwilling to announce it publicly.