Georgia police used Taser on 87-year-old woman cutting flowers after someone called 911

marylander1940
This topic is 2115 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Police Chief Defends Use Of Taser On Elderly Woman Cutting Flowers

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-chief-defends-taser-elderly-203814357.html

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the politics forum.

Whoever called 911 because of a woman was cutting flower in the property of the Boys and Girls club has a lot of issues... Maybe he was too fat or lazy to get out and tell that woman she couldn't cut flowers from someone else's property. Considering this happened in a state with a lot of shithole counties I'm sure there were other things going on to keep the cops busy.

A New York state senator
a law that would make calling police on innocent Black people a hate crime.

After a Donald Trump supporter called police on him while he was canvassing constituents, Democratic State Sen.
Jesse Hamilton
, who is Black, wants to make unnecessary police calls against Black people a hate crime to deter folks from taking part in what seems to be a disturbing new trend.

Last week, Hamilton was approached by a self proclaimed Trump fan who called authorities after she realized he was handing out campaign literature that was critical of the President’s behavior.

“Waiting for your friends at a Starbucks is not a 911 call — it’s a call of intimidation,” the state senator said, referencing the now infamous
that inspired the #BoycottStarbucks hashtag.

“That’s gonna be a hate crime,” Hamilton said. “This pattern of calling the police on Black people going about their business and participating in the life of our country has to stop.”

In this case someone instead of lifting his fat ass to ask an 87 y/o woman NOT to cut flowers he decided to call 911...

Since she doesn't speak English a family member ought to write out on a sheet of paper info to that along with her name and contact info of someone to come and help that she can hand to the police.

She would have been immediately shot if she reached for anything...wallet, piece of paper, etc.

She would have been immediately shot if she reached for anything...wallet, piece of paper, etc.

Sad but probably true.

I wonder if maybe her family should tell her when she sees the police to drop anything she's holding and to put her hands up in the air? Maybe teach her one phrase "No Speak English"?

Sad but probably true.

I wonder if maybe her family should tell her when she sees the police to drop anything she's holding and to put her hands up in the air? Maybe teach her one phrase "No Speak English"?

Or maybe the police could just not taser/shoot someone who is not presenting any danger to anyone.

The "flowers" were dandelions. I know folks who would be happy to have someone remove them.

As for Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane, someone ought taser him and Boss Hogg and then shove one up the other's ass.

Edited by rvwnsd