Fairytail Longe - NYC - No longer...

edjames
This topic is 2131 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just received this email from Adonis Lounge...

Shame, I was at Fairytail this past Saturday night and had a good time! I hope Tim, Luis and Dan will find a new venue soon. Good luck guys.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Adonis/Spunk No Longer at Fairytail Lounge

Where to start...

Anyone who follows Adonis/me, whether in person or just via these email announcements, knows I do my best to always remain transparent anytime something happens requiring and explanation or announcement. We'll approach this the same way, openly and honestly, rather than providing a false account of events or explanation that leaves more questions than answers. Wednesday evening, Dan, Luis, and I were informed that we would no longer be needed to manage and/or run things dancer related at Fairytail Lounge, effective as of today. It did come as somewhat as a shock to all 3 of us, as there was no event or tragic disagreement that precipitated this meeting. Any explanation or account besides that is simply false. After a short meeting, we all agreed that our 3 year partnership with Fairytail Lounge had run it's course. There was no fighting or screaming and overall everything was quite amicable all things considered.

Nothing lasts forever and as we've seen over the years, venues come and go, but we always move forward. Each time an obstacle appears, new opportunities arise that inevitably make Adonis better and allow us to Evolve, pun intended for those of you who have been on board for awhile! We're already making moves that we're confident people will be very excited about. We'll have lots of exciting news and announcements this week, so open those emails for all the details!

Dan, Luis, and I plan to meet Tuesday to see what direction suits us best collectively and individually. We're both excited about the possibilities ahead for both Spunk and Adonis. Reflecting on the last 3 years leaves me in a place that can best be described in one word- gratitude. I'm genuinely grateful for the opportunity originally offered to me at Fairytail Lounge. I'm grateful Spunk decided to hop on board and partner up, and I'm grateful for the experience those 3 years has provided me on the current path forward.

Lastly, I'd be remiss if I did not comment on the actual Adonis/Spunk partnership of the last 3 years. Dan and Luis from Spunk are a breath of fresh air in what often times amounts to a very seedy business. They conduct themselves and their business with the utmost integrity and esteem. Rest assured, whatever direction we all end up following once the cards fall, we will remain allies and friends.

Another forum member and I were able to get to Fairytail last Friday for the Adonis event. My first time there, so am very glad I saw it before this announcement.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Had lapdances with Valentino, Jonathan, and Hercules, all good guys. Headliner David from Spain hadn't shown yet when we had to leave about 12:15am. Did want to check him out.

Tim is a good guy and I hope all works out. He has a great positive outlook.

Tim, Luis and Dan have been very classy about this so I’ll try to follow suit. I will say... many of us in this forum have spoken about how blah fairytail has been through no fault of the spunk or Adonis crew. I look forward to seeing their new ventures and endeavors both apart and together. They have always been so kind and professional to me and for that I am a loyal customer. On the other hand... I’m willing to see what fairytail (and possibly buffdaddy) do even though we all know nothing ever changes in these situations except the owners cut.

I'm very interested in where the new location will be. Fairytail and Atlas are easier for me to get to from work. I'm worried that it'll be completely out of reach.

I find it funny though that if Buffdaddy takes over the venue, I could actually attend an event for the first time. Even though I live in Long Island, the timing of the events makes attending impossible.

Atlas is still good, same with the monster and pieces. Fairytail is as divey as you can get, I don’t know how much they can make it better.

I agree with I-zik. Tim, dan, and Luis are very kind. Hope they find a better venue.

I agree the room is too small and tight when crowded (and it very easily gets crowded with so many dancers milling about).....I ended up just leaning against the wall very near the DJ booth to get out of the chaos....

the lack of utter privacy (there might be one other lapdance going on three feet away down the other end of the bench/sofa) in the lapdance area didn't bother me - I'll still do what I want to do.....there still were decent privacy curtains and the guys were generous