2 Canadian Mounties to marry each other

Rick Munroe
This topic is 6586 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What a nice thing to wake up and read on americablog.com (yes, I know it's almost 1 PM...what's it to ya? :p ). Two members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police are going to have the first same-sex marriage in RCMP history.

The best part of the story, to me, is the quote of the RCMP spokesman:

Provincial RCMP spokesman Sgt. Frank Skidmore said the force was happy to hear about the union, adding that they’re proud RCMP officers reflect all aspects of the community.

"This is a first for us," Sgt. Skidmore said Wednesday. "Certainly, the RCMP welcomes a workforce that is representative of Canadian society, and that is the case here."

Full story: http://halifaxherald.com/Front/504265.html

The story was on http://www.365gay.com too. It said the guys have known each other since they were in university, and they're very popular in their unit. They'll be getting the traditional guard of honor with Mounties in uniform after the ceremony, so there should be some nice photos for their album and all the news outlets. So just spin in your coffins, Messrs. Falwell and Dobson and Robertson and Frist and. . . }(

Guest zipperzone

This story was also on the evening TV news locally (Vancouver). They also interviewed some of the townsfolk and I found their opinion quite refreshing. One said "If you can't find what you want with a woman, what's wrong of looking for it in a man"

But - I guess they only aired the positive views, no doubt they could have also found some negative ones.

What I enjoy the most about this story is that it must be driving our religous homophobic Prime Minister (Harper) nuts!!!! Just as Bush would like it if two male FBI agents were to marry, (as they could very well do if they both lived in Mass)

Archived