How to say "Can we cuddle after sex?" in Spanish

Wolfer
This topic is 2133 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

How would I say this in Spanish:

"Can we cuddle after sex?"

I'm planning on setting up a date with a lovely fellow (whom I saw a while back) but his English is somewhat limited. And my Spanish is non-existent. :rolleyes: (It's on my bucket list to learn it)

Thanks!!

I'm planning on setting up a date with a lovely fellow (whom I saw a while back) but his English is somewhat limited. And my Spanish is non-existent. :rolleyes: (It's on my bucket list to learn it)

Thanks!!

I found this

¿Podemos abrazar después del sexo?

Google: translate "Can we cuddle after sex?" into Spanish

That's what I did initially, but I wanted to double check with actual speakers of the language, because Google Translate isn't always the most accurate.

I found this

¿Podemos abrazar después del sexo?

Google translates that as hugging instead of cuddling.

Mi gato tiene nueve vidas. Por favor lamer mi coño?
Nice, I'll be sure to use this one. :rolleyes::cool:

Thanks!!

How about this...: "Quédate aquí pegadito conmigo después del sexo"

You should use "abrazar" as a reflexive verb: "Podemos abrazarnos después de tener sexo?" Like someone said, "abrazar" is to "to hug". A better translation would be something like "Podemos quedarnos en la cama haciéndonos mimos después de coger?"

Now, if @Wolfer could learn some of the lyrics from this Juan Gabriel song, he'll score big...!

My Spanish is very limited, but it's gotten me through a quite a few "dates" with Hispanic men who speak very little English. I've found that nobody cares about perfect grammar and nuance. A few years back I learned a handful of "perfect" sentences that got me into trouble. It's not that the sentences were incorrect, but they made my date believe that my Spanish was better than it is and suddenly he started talking in a level that was way over my head. I'd say start out by learning some basic vocabulary and simple, present tense verb conjugation. Worry about getting your grammar perfect later on.

You should use "abrazar" as a reflexive verb: "Podemos abrazarnos después de tener sexo?" Like someone said, "abrazar" is to "to hug". A better translation would be something like "Podemos quedarnos en la cama haciéndonos mimos después de coger?"

How about this...: "Quédate aquí pegadito conmigo después del sexo"

Podemos acurrucarnos después de tener sexo

All these expressions are fine. As a native Latin American Spanish speaker, I would say “después de coger” like @latbear4blk suggests, instead of “tener sexo”, which sounds a bit bookish to me. BTW, a Spaniard would say “follar” instead of “coger”.

Now, having noted all that, I would spontaneously say “¿nos quedamos acurrucaditos un rato después de coger?” :p

To the native Spanish speakers here:

I am not a native Spanish speaker and freely admit that my Spanish is extremely limited. That said, I don't want my very poor Spanish skills to stop me from traveling to Spanish speaking countries and having wonderful experiences with men who speak very little English. My approach has been to keep it simple, even though far from perfect. I try to build my vocabulary and use very basic verb conjugation (mostly in present tense). I absolutely know that my grammar is deficient. But I also know that if I try to be perfect all the time, I'll get absolutely nowhere.

So here's my question to you: Am I making a fool of myself with my approach? For example, if I wanted to ask to cuddle after sex, I'd probably say, "Podemos acurrucarnos después sexo?" I'd love to remember and spontaneously say the longer sentences that you recommend, but that's a lot for me right now. Even saying "Podemos acurrucarnos después sexo" would be an accomplishment for me -- at least at his point in my Spanish language learning curve. So, are they secretly laughing at me?

So, are they secretly laughing at me?

I'd ask why care if they're 'laughing' at you or not?

If you're taking the time to speak to someone in their native language, you're showing respect. If they can't recognize that and help you through the novice learning curve, those people are assholes. The best way to learn another language is to immerse yourself, perhaps struggle a bit and then learn from it.

That you're taking the time to do all of this is pretty awesome to me. Keep it up. And don't be self-conscious about what may be right, wrong or mispronounced. If this guy (or any guy) has some decency, he'll understand what you're trying to do, appreciate it and help you communicate more effectively.

I am not a native Spanish speaker and freely admit that my Spanish is extremely limited. That said, I don't want my very poor Spanish skills to stop me from traveling to Spanish speaking countries and having wonderful experiences with men who speak very little English. My approach has been to keep it simple, even though far from perfect. I try to build my vocabulary and use very basic verb conjugation (mostly in present tense). I absolutely know that my grammar is deficient. But I also know that if I try to be perfect all the time, I'll get absolutely nowhere.

So here's my question to you: Am I making a fool of myself with my approach? For example, if I wanted to ask to cuddle after sex, I'd probably say, "Podemos acurrucarnos después sexo?" I'd love to remember and spontaneously say the longer sentences that you recommend, but that's a lot for me right now. Even saying "Podemos acurrucarnos después sexo" would be an accomplishment for me -- at least at his point in my Spanish language learning curve. So, are they secretly laughing at me?

What you are doing is exactly what any language learner should do. No one is laughing at you. I mean, no one with a functioning brain and a basic education.

All these expressions are fine. As a native Latin American Spanish speaker, I would say “después de coger” like @latbear4blk suggests, instead of “tener sexo”, which sounds a bit bookish to me. BTW, a Spaniard would say “follar” instead of “coger”.

Now, having noted all that, I would spontaneously say “¿nos quedamos acurrucaditos un rato después de coger?” :p

I love the sound of "acurrucado". The reason I did not use it and instead suggested the phrase "quedarse en la cama haciéndose mimos", is that at least to me it sounds not coloquial enough. It is perfect for a play or a movie script or for literature, but it is not what I would say in bed. Of course, my Argentinean dialect bias may be speaking.

Thanks so much, guys. I ended up using this one: "Podemos acurrucarnos después de coger?"

The lovely gentleman understood perfectly and we had a nice cuddling session after we had our fun. :)

I did confess to him that I had someone else translate it for me. And then he taught me how to say "I wanna suck your dick" in Spanish. Which I couldn't remember so I decided I'm just gonna look at a guy, say "tu pene" and make a blowjob motion with my hand and mouth. :rolleyes:

So here's my question to you: Am I making a fool of myself with my approach?

Not at all. I think you have the right approach. That’s what I did with Czech (an impossible language): most working boys in Prague do not speak a second language.

I was trying to be helpful when responding to your question, and I wrote what I would say as a native Spanish speaker, but I realize that it can be a mouthful. Sorry.

So, are they secretly laughing at me?
Not at all.