Mandy Patinkin and Faith Prince

LeeOz
This topic is 6598 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Because I know a lot of New Yorkers and show queens frequent this site, I thought I would ask your opinions.

Mandy Patinkin is coming to Sydney and performing at the Opera House. Faith Prince is also coming and bringing her show "Leap of Faith" at a smaller cabaret venue. Are they worth seeing?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

I can't stand to watch Mandy Patinkin in any of his TV series. There is something about him that really irritates me.

But, in 1999 I was given free tickets to one of his concerts and decided to go. It was FANTASTIC!! From the moment he walked on stage he had the audience eating out of his hand.

The energy level in his concert was really high. Kinda reminded me of watching Robin Williams - non-stop entertainment where the audience had to "hold on" just to keep up with him. It was a memorable evening.

Still can't stand him on TV but I'd be willing to pay big bucks to see him again in concert.

Have never seen Faith Prince so I can't make any recommendations on her.

I'm more of an angel than I am a show queen but on this board they can be one and the same. :-)

Patinkin was terrific as Che in the 1979 Broadway production of Evita. Between his ego and that of LuPone, it's a wonder how that show survived. He has quite a passionate following of fans who buy his CD's, go to his shows and concerts, and watch his TV and film efforts.

Male, Broadway-style singers rarely do much for me, especially in a cabaret/one-man-show kind of setting, unless they look and sing like the fabulous Willy Falk. Patinkin's effusive singing style irritates me. He certainly has talent but the tone and mastery turns me off.

Faith Prince may not be as sexy as Linda Eder but she can chew up scenery with the best of them. There's no doubt this Broadway diva was born to perform. I'm sure I would enjoy an evening with her more than I would Patinkin.

I saw Mandy's one-man show on Broadway a few years ago and hated it! To quote another post "I wouldn't cross a room to see him...again!"

Faith is another story. A great performer and lots of energy. I would run across a room to see her!

Faith was magical in Guys and Dolls; I haven't seen her in a cabaret setting but would be eager to do so.

I do enjoy Mandy's acting and singing. I've seen him on stage as well as in his one man show.It is a remarkably long and entertaining show. I felt the ticket was well worth its price.

So I'd take both concerts in;and I think you should too. Then you'll be able to report back.

Thanks guys for all your input. Have decided to go see Faith and give Mandy a miss. I have never really liked Mandy, but thought his showmanship may make his show worth seeing. He may still be great based on some of your comments, but do not really want to risk my $100.

Thanks again. Isn't this forum great? I love getting recommendations from the other side of the globe.

Archived