Neil Diamond's "America"

Avalon
This topic is 2123 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yes, true. Even if "Sweet Caroline" may have some questionable creepiness in it, lol. (Of course, it's also heard at all Sox home games, lol.)

didn't know that!.....what is the creepiness?!.....the melody of "Sweet Caroline" has always appealed to me and reminds me of good times when I was very young and it was a current hit......

EDIT: I looked up the creepiness....has to do with Neil writing the song after seeing a picture of Caroline Kennedy as a very young girl......"touching me, touching you" - yeah, maybe a bit creepy!!

the linked video above is, of course, a scene from his 1980 movie, "The Jazz Singer", so it's not really a live "real" concert......that's Laurence Olivier playing his father.......still, the song is inspirational and upbeat......the opening transition from classic orchestra to a somewhat-rock beat is nice

Edited by azdr0710

• 3 weeks later...