Celibacy anyone?

Bob
This topic is 6622 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was reading recently on a masturbation site a post from a young man who said he gave up masturbation for Lent. I assume he remained celibate too. How many of you think you could make such a sacrifice? Forty days and forty long nights. To me it seems utterly impossible. Am I just weak? How long can you go without masturbating? In sixty plus years I don't think I've ever gone longer than a week.

Not for me. I prefer at least once or twice daily. Just to keep everything in good working condition. Much like your vehicle, regular equipment usage maintains, even enhances performance, rather than intermittent use. I have not yet reached the point of requiring boosters or additives to make my motor go. At age 39, how many more years of this privilege do y'all think I have left? }(

Actually, many (most?) of us are celibate. :-)

Although the word has lost some of its meaning, it used to mean "the state of being unmarried." Thus, a priest who vowed to remain celibate was pledging that he would not marry.

Chastity, on the other hand, refers more to sexual activity, so being chaste implies virginal or not engaging in sex, especially unlawful sex. Jesuit priests, for example, take vows of chastity, poverty and obedience (and, sometimes, a special fourth vow).

Old-fashioned words with old-fashioned meanings...

BG

I couldn't think of one good reason to even try to go more than a few days without giving the horse a good workout..... unless, if I actually got to spend a week with the star of the movie "40 days and 40 nights", Josh Hartnett, if I actually made it that long. Then, maybe I'd give it a try.... and that's only a maybe....

http://www.stars-celebrites.com/photos/H/hartnettpaper01.jpg

When I was 18 and Derek was 19 (and we were fucking like bunnies day and night), we discovered one day that neither of us had ever had a wet dream so we forced ourselves to be celibate for one month to try to "induce" it. I just remembered that I already wrote about this in my blog so instead of retelling it, here's the link: http://rickmunroe.blogspot.com/2005/02/speed-starch.html

>When I was 18 and Derek was 19 (and we were fucking like

>bunnies day and night), we discovered one day that neither of

>us had ever had a wet dream so we forced ourselves to be

>celibate for one month to try to "induce" it. I just

>remembered that I already wrote about this in my blog so

>instead of retelling it, here's the link:

>http://rickmunroe.blogspot.com/2005/02/speed-starch.html

Rick,

We'd be more imprsessed if you said that you went a week without being a wiseass! LOL

Dan Dare

http://www.gay.com/personals/profile/view.html?name=studalicious

>>We'd be more impressed if you said that you went a week

>>without being a wiseass! LOL

>

>But then I'd be a dumbass, and how would anyone tell Derek and

>me apart? (I am gonna be in so much trouble now...I hope }(

>)

WEll, to be honest Rick, and I am not joking, but it's one thing if u make a joke about urself or a joke about Derek making a crack about u at ur expense, but when people make fun of their partners, it's really uncool. It makes them look like a fool for being with you. That's how I feel. Also, I learned the hard way not to make self-depricating jokes about myself to b.f.'s. Makes them wonder "why am I with this guy?"

Dan Dare

L.A., CA

>Well as far as I'm concerned if we can't make fun of ourselves and those about whom we care we are in a sorry state. Life is way to short for all this seriousness.<

I quite agree - were this not the case, my family and I would have gone our separate ways long ago. As it is we have great fun with our foibles. :D

>when people make fun

>of their partners, it's really uncool.

Dan, have you ever seen a classic sitcom? Couples like the Ropers, Ricardos, Mertzes, Kramdens, Bunkers, Conners (Roseanne & Dan), Bundys and Barones (Everybody Loves Raymond) all show that couples can be deeply in love and make fun of each other and fight and argue and make up and laugh and do everything that humans do when they are truly comfortable in their own skin and comfortable with their partner. Far from being "uncool," it's just what married life is about. My parents (and Derek's parents, too) have been married for over 40 years and they mock each other mercilessly but anyone can see that they love each other deeply and have an unbreakable bond. Life isn't always Leave it to Beaver and The Brady Bunch, where everyone is always "nice."

>It makes them look

>like a fool for being with you. That's how I feel.

Derek doesn't need my help looking like a fool. Just ask him to spell "anonymous." :+

>Also, I

>learned the hard way not to make self-depricating jokes about

>myself to b.f.'s.

Well Dan, I think that's the key difference between you and me. You've had multiple "bf's" but I have only ever had one, since I was a teenager, and we're well into our second decade together. Now, which one of us do you think knows how to have a successful marriage? :p

>Makes them wonder "why am I with this guy?"

I hope Derek asks himself that every day...it keeps me on my toes (and also on my back with my legs in the air). }(

Archived