First member of the royal family to come out announces engagement

Avalon
This topic is 2191 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

From the Wikipedia article:

“Although Mountbatten is not a member of the Royal Family, he is the first member of the monarch's extended family to openly be in a same-sex relationship.”

https://www.britroyals.com/succession.asp

He doesn’t even qualify as a minor royal. These are just news outlets making a tenuous connection to the The Queen to create clickbait. Obviously it works and sells advertising.

Edited by ArVaGuy

He doesn’t even qualify as a minor royal. These are just news outlets making a tenuous connection to the The Queen to create clickbait. Obviously it works and sells advertising.

True but he shared the surname of Louis Mountbatten, the last viceroy of India, who was very close to the family and was blown up by the IRA. If he had any other name, I doubt the story would have surfaced.

Well, he IS Queen Victoria's great-grandson.

And he is a LORD --- I would bet that there is an Order of Succession to the thrown where he is listed - Number 93 most likely - But in case of Plague or Famine this is important to know!

And he is HOT --- I wonder if he and Harry ever roomed together at boarding school!