Different types of phone numbers

InterestingGuy
This topic is 2184 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I use WhatsApp. I also have Viber but very few people I know use it. WhatsApp provides "end to end encryption" where every message is uniquely keyed to the recipient. It is far more secure than a regular text message - if that is something that is important to you. When government officials call for an end to encryption, you know you are doing something right... ;) I like it more for the ability to see that a message has been delivered and that it was read by the recipient.

Edited by FrankR

How do u know if it's been read?

Is that the two check Marks?

On my phone, the first check mark (gray in color) means the message has been sent. A second check mark (also gray) appears when the message was delivered to the recipient's device. Check marks turn blue when the message has been read.

How do u know if it's been read?

You don't.

I don't think it's possible to literally determine when a message has been read. All you can know is that the message was noticed. Even in the context of regular old text messages, it's often the case that the message has been accounted for, in very general terms, by the recipent. To me, that's different than the message actually being read. The actual reading of the message might happen later.