I don't think this guy gets it.

Kman
This topic is 2180 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ok.

I am going to go against the crowd here above, and say, rather than blocking him, I think it would better if you explained.

Because, in his position, I also wouldn’t get it.

Tell him something along those lines:

“I am sorry, <name of guy> but I don’t think we are compatible. I was looking for a relationship but you seem to be the kind of guy that wants to sleep on a first date.

That isn’t going to work for me but I hope you find what you want through some other dates.

Best of luck. “

Also, you should mention on your dating profile something along the lines of “I am not looking for sex on a first night, I am not that kind of cheap girl!” so that your future dates are warned and there is no such misunderstanding.

That is my advice, but if is not useful to you, you can tell me bluntly :), I won’t be offended, we are all different after all. Good luck in search for true love!

Great response. Communication is king. Kind to him even if he doesn’t realize it in the moment.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Probably not he told me multiple times that he has a good job...so not sure why he has a roommate.

But the other part of it is, Am I just being a prude? But outside of wanting desperately to come to my place...the guy was slightly intoxicated and was being really negative...telling me that I already rejected him...so with that I don’t think I want to take that ride

It's your love life. You should conduct it how you want to.

Just a general question about grindr: You have to be 18 to be on there right?

There was a kid on that wanted to chat with me and his 3rd line to me he admitted he was just 17. So obviously you can get around that pretty easily...I told him to leave the app but I doubt he will listen.

I'm using Grindr...yes I know its a hook up app and I think I would have been ok with bringing him to my place had it happened more naturally. I don't think we were there even a hour before he invited himself over and then his comments after I said no, about never talking to him again and that I would leave just like everyone else...really just increased the level of creepiness and turned me off.

Lastly I'm 32 he is 33.

Also, Grind

Just a general question about grindr: You have to be 18 to be on there right?

There was a kid on that wanted to chat with me and his 3rd line to me he admitted he was just 17. So obviously you can get around that pretty easily...I told him to leave the app but I doubt he will listen.

Yeah I have a general rule of thumb. Anyone around the age of 18 which is what they have to say to be on there is on a no-fly list. Even though the kid lies as an adult you're still held at the responsible one.

The scary thing is that I doubt that kid will have any problem hooking up with guys 2 to 3 times his own age.