Do You Like Receiving Flowers?

Avalon
This topic is 2181 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Flowers may be an expensive extravagance as some have stated or they may be a symbol of all that is good and beautiful between two people.

My wife once sent me flowers for my birthday. The card said "Just because....your wife" A few days later she slipped into a coma and a few weeks later she died at home with those flowers in full bloom in the room. After the undertaker took her to the funeral home, I walked into that room and all the petals had fallen from those flowers to the ground next to the bed. It was as if beauty could not stand the void of her leaving or perhaps the flowers were crying for the loss.

I had "just because..." engraved on our headstone.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like flowers - their scent always reminds me of funerals.

What about orchids?

I remember back on the American version of QAF Brian once considered buying flowers for Justin but passed.

And now on the Brit soap opera "Hollyoaks" after gay couple Ste and Harry had a row Ste brought Harry flowers.

Just doesn't seem to be a guy to me thing regardless of sexuality.

I would rather receive a living plant like this one. Does it count?

http://images.woolworthsstatic.co.za/Small-Orchid-6009204722675.jpg?o=677QAo0Q2bYIzn6EMCaIybZpn5sj&V=Ns3L&

What about orchids?

I would rather receive a living plant like this one. Does it count?

http://images.woolworthsstatic.co.za/Small-Orchid-6009204722675.jpg?o=677QAo0Q2bYIzn6EMCaIybZpn5sj&V=Ns3L&

I'm a big fan of the detective Nero Wolfe who grows orchids.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero_Wolfe

Always thought there was something between him and Archie..

I was seeing a guy years back who sent 2 dozens of yellow roses. We talked about a lot of things including my favorite flowers. I didn’t realize he’d send them - to work. A bit awkward trying to explain to coworkers who at the time wasn’t aware of my sexuality. Told them they’re for my mother.

My four year old niece had her 1st dance recital last Saturday. I unfortunately missed it. But she received several bouquets. My mother asked one of my niece's 7 year old twin brothers (whom we'll call Twin B as he was born second) if he would have liked some flowers for his first piano recital a few weeks back. Twin B* thought a second and said no he would have preferred money. :p

Gman

My four year old niece had her 1st dance recital last Saturday. I unfortunately missed it. But she received several bouquets. My mother asked one of my niece's 7 year old twin brothers (whom we'll call Twin B as he was born second) if he would have liked some flowers for his first piano recital a few weeks back. Twin B* thought a second and said no he would have preferred money. :p

Gman

Smart kid! Flowers fade and die. Put that money in the bank for college!

I love receiving flowers. At home in my desk I have a box with letters, postcards, and cards from people I’ve been romantically involved with. There is one I look at often. Back in the 70s I had a terrible argument with a man I was very much in love with. The next day I came home from work and on my doorstep was a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a note-

I love you still

I love you now

I will love you always

He died of AIDS in 1985, but I still have the memory of those beautiful flowers, and the card.