Anyone Having Trouble With Gmail As Of AM 6/11/28

Gar1eth
This topic is 2197 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’m using it on my iPhone. An outgoing email was placed in an outbox.

Addendum-after 4 tries the email suddenly was sent.

Gman

I can think of two possiblities:

1.) Your phone had temporary difficulties reaching gmail - it might not even try to send something unless there's enough connectivity

2.) Gmail had temporary difficulty contacting the mail server for the recipient.

Even in the second case, things like that happen - a mail server crashes, somebody attempts to update a router configuration and makes a mistake, a backhoe in Iowa cuts a fiber in a field, or a fire in a train tunnel wipes out a lot

of fibers (all of which have really happened, and take varying amounts of time to recover from).

I am sure there is a pun there about "decayed" and "decade" but I am too stupid to formulate it.

I never used either word, so I’m not sure what you are referring to. However there is definitely something that could be said about being in the ‘Outbox’. But I’m choosing to refrain!! :p

Gman