Utopia spa

By far the best spa in NYC this year . Xiao knows what he is doing . The selection of the masseurs is very diverse and most of them do a good job in getting the clients relaxed and happy. The scrub and massage package is a must . The walls don’t go all the way to the ceiling so don’t expect absolute soundproofing but the premises are well kept and the design is cozy and telaxing . I have yet to experience all their masseurs (especially Richard ) but the few I had were good . There is a bit of turnover just like any other spa in the city. But if you like a specific masseur keep going back and don’t be stingy .

I don’t see what the hype is about this place

It’s all relative I guess. In the space of 3/4 wall spas, Utopia IMHO gives the best overall experience and mix of quality guys. The shower room is also a big plus. Sort of bummed to hear about the upsells. Has never happened to me. If that’s recent, it should stop shortly as the owner is known to read this forum and seems to respond to it behind the scene.

I’m thinking of going on Wednesday. I would not like an Asian masseur (only because all of the places on Long Island are Asian—so it’s very easy for me to do that here). How do you go about that? It seems from past posts calling for an appt. doesn’t work, and do you get to select your guy as a walk-in?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I’m thinking of going on Wednesday. I would not like an Asian masseur (only because all of the places on Long Island are Asian—so it’s very easy for me to do that here). How do you go about that? It seems from past posts calling for an appt. doesn’t work, and do you get to select your guy as a walk-in?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You can call and ask for a specific name at a specific time. I just did that yesterday actually. Just articulate as the person on the other side of the phone taking your appointment is likely not going to have English as his first language.

I was there this afternoon. It was a drive-by and they were very busy. Got “Andy” (oy, yes another Andy). Tallish Asian. He has been there two months. His strong traditional massage technique is a good addition to the unique Simon, Ariel and Victor styles. PM for specifics.

Aren't U in Brazil?

My life is in complete and utter shambles, which caused me to cancel Brasil. I must say I am very sorry for it, especially since @freecahill1965 was counting on me being there. However, things are going in the right direction.

To add to the mystery of this post, I didn’t make this booking at Utopia for myself!

My life is in complete and utter shambles, which caused me to cancel Brasil. I must say I am very sorry for it, especially since @freecahill1965 was counting on me being there. However, things are going in the right direction.

To add to the mystery of this post, I didn’t make this booking at Utopia for myself!

Sorry to hear that but glad things are getting better. Hope you guys had refundable tickets!

The walls at Utopia never bother me.

I almost forget that they don’t go all the way up.

It’s so clean, pleasant, welcoming, and everyone is courteous. They offer beverages, have table shower options, and they take their time. It’s truly a relaxing experience from the minute you walk in, until you leave.

I’ve never had anyone upsell me. I would tell Jack in an instant if that happens. He’s good to his customers and would nip that quickly.

They also have a nice variety of masseurs there- all skilled to a degree and all Sexy.

Only other spa that has better accomdations is Super Mens but that is hit or miss with the masseurs AND they charge a LOT more.

Green house is nice too but I’m always bored of the masseurs there.

I have only been at Utopia, no other spa. however I recommend it. Had great massages from Simon; Ricky left and there is Viktor and Ariel who some people here like them a lot.

Ariel is amazing! He really took care of me. The massage and table shower were well executed and worth the money. No weird upcharges or upselling. He was really present the whole time and focused on my needs. :)

I don’t see what the hype is about this place. Yes it’s clean, but rooms are not private because those don’t go all the way up and you can hear everything… Also every time I have been, I have been upselled.

I honestly don’t see the hype with this place either—at all. Not that I’ve had a horrible experience. And not so much of the walls or any upselling. But it’s just purely mediocre to me. I had Ariel, who, contrary to opinions here, was horrible and awkward (technique-wise). I had Tony (before he left), he was great. And I had Victor, who was good and strong (and maybe too strong).

Aesthetically, a rather dark, drab depressing place. And the walk past the front desk to/from the shower with just my towel on—all while being gawked at by awaiting clients—means a terrible floor plan.

But at least they’re nice, I guess.

I’ve gotten one good and one terrifc massage there. Neither had upsells — and that would indeed be a giant turn-off. As far as the walls — I dunno, its never been an issue there, or anywhere else, for me (curtains are another story). I mean, just how loud are you? ;)

Edited by lucki7

Every time I've been I've had good massages. I've had Simon, Ariel and Kar. Kar is fantastic. He is super strong though so if you don't like strong don't go to him unless you are clear you want soft or medium. He stretches you, uses his knees & feet to dig in. I was in heaven. I think the place is cute & clean and the guys have always been very friendly and I've never been up-sold. In fact, I once scheduled a 90 minute massage & body scrub but after the massage I forgot and got dressed. I decided not to get the body scrub since I was already dressed and they were totally cool with me downgrading to the hour massage.

The rooms don't bother me. I think they are nice. One time I was in the room on the left which is by the bathroom and I could hear people peeing and flushing so that was annoying but the other times I was in the last room to the right so I didn't hear anything.

I honestly don’t see the hype with this place either—at all. Not that I’ve had a horrible experience. And not so much of the walls or any upselling. But it’s just purely mediocre to me. I had Ariel, who, contrary to opinions here, was horrible and awkward (technique-wise). I had Tony (before he left), he was great. And I had Victor, who was good and strong (and maybe too strong).

Aesthetically, a rather dark, drab depressing place. And the walk past the front desk to/from the shower with just my towel on—all while being gawked at by awaiting clients—means a terrible floor plan.

But at least they’re nice, I guess.

I agree concerning Ariel.

I agree concerning Ariel.

Yes, I can see Ariel’s style not being for everyone. It’s unique and I love it. But the broader point is that all the guys at Utopia are unique. There’s no cookie cutter, paint by the number sessions that I experience at so many other places.

I agree with you about Kar. A very nice young man, excellent English for someone who's been in the US for a relatively short time, and a most innovative masseur. He stretched me where I haven't been stretched (legs), and uses his knees and elbows well. (Feet, too?) Nor have I EVER been upsold there; management would fire a masseur on the spot if that happened. I think that Kar works on weekends only, but he came in for me on a Monday (Victor wasn't working that day. Right now, Victor is my favorite at Utopia, but there are several new masseurs who I haven't tried.)

Guest fm0322
I don’t see what the hype is about this place.

What comes to mind is the phrase "to each his own". One man's "drab" is another's "stylish". I have been to so many spas in NYC and typically they are dingy, occasionally sketchy, and seldom clean. Living Fresh and Utopia are major exceptions as clean, well-designed, welcoming spaces. My office moved several years ago and I have not gone to LF in years. I go to Utopia mainly because Xiao was my masseur before he opened the spa. His private massage space is beautiful and the spa mirrors his private space.

I love the Utopia space. I love that you take your shoes off upon entering. I don't like the 3/4 walls, but I choose times to visit when it is not crowded. I love that I have no doubt about the place being clean. I have never experienced up-selling at Utopia. If I did, I would do what I always do and just say "No". It's a good value and predictably good service. I don't like the revolving door of masseurs, but I've learned it is common to all spas. If you don't like Utopia, I'll share a list of sketchy places where you can gain perspective.

What comes to mind is the phrase "to each his own". One man's "drab" is another's "stylish". I have been to so many spas in NYC and typically they are dingy, occasionally sketchy, and seldom clean. Living Fresh and Utopia are major exceptions as clean, well-designed, welcoming spaces. My office moved several years ago and I have not gone to LF in years. I go to Utopia mainly because Xiao was my masseur before he opened the spa. His private massage space is beautiful and the spa mirrors his private space.

I love the Utopia space. I love that you take your shoes off upon entering. I don't like the 3/4 walls, but I choose times to visit when it is not crowded. I love that I have no doubt about the place being clean. I have never experienced up-selling at Utopia. If I did, I would do what I always do and just say "No". It's a good value and predictably good service. I don't like the revolving door of masseurs, but I've learned it is common to all spas. If you don't like Utopia, I'll share a list of sketchy places where you can gain perspective.

I looked at the living fresh reviews and lady staffers were mentioned. Are ladies at all of these spas? Which ones have all male staff?