Here's what I think of your marriage proposal!

samhexum
This topic is 1966 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A Michigan boy found a way to make his mark on the occasion of his mother’s marriage proposal.

Allyssa Anter said “yes” Saturday to the question popped by her boyfriend, Kevin Przytula. Video shows the bride-to-be and man on bended knee are blissfully unaware that right next to them, 3-year-old Owen Anter had dropped his pants to urinate in front of Bay City’s Ring of Friendship sculpture.

They were alerted to the pint-sized proposal crasher by the giggling videographer, Przytula’s 11-year-old daughter, Kayleigh.

Allyssa Anter says her son “stole the show,” and acknowledges his potty training is a work in progress.

The video was shared Monday by WNEM-TV and The Bay City Times.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Matthew Dippel, a Michigan photographer, was in Yosemite National Park in California when he directed his friend, Josh Van Gorden, to hike over to the famous viewpoint Taft Point to pose for a photo. But instead of seeing Van Gorden emerge on the cliff, Dippel spotted two other tiny figures in the distance: one standing and one kneeling.

Dippel quickly realized that he was witnessing a marriage proposal.

I had my settings all ready to go — due to waiting for Josh — so I just snapped away and managed to get a beautiful photo,” Dippel told Yahoo Lifestyle. But he when he ran over to try to deliver the photo, he was unable to identify the lovebirds. “There were maybe 12 other photographers there along with three to four brides and grooms taking photos at the point, so it’s not an uncommon thing to see,” he said. He sprang into action. “I had my settings all ready to go — due to waiting for Josh — so I just snapped away and managed to get a beautiful photo,” Dippel told Yahoo Lifestyle. But he when he ran over to try to deliver the photo, he was unable to identify the lovebirds. “There were maybe 12 other photographers there along with three to four brides and grooms taking photos at the point, so it’s not an uncommon thing to see,” he said.

Determined to locate the couple, Dippel did what any reasonable person would do: He posted his best shot to Twitter. In the photo, the sun’s rays are bathing the hikers as they’re perched about 7,500 feet up. He asked his followers, “Twitter help, idk who these two are but I hope this finds them. I took this at Taft Point at Yosemite National Park, on October 6th, 2018.”

The post has since gone viral, with more than 153,000 retweets, more than twice that number in likes, and 1,100 comments — and none have helped Dippel identify the couple, unfortunately. He confirmed to Yahoo Lifestyle that he still had not found the darling duo as of Monday despite a few false alarms. In fact, the photo has garnered such a reaction from commenters on Twitter that he has asked people to just privately message him — but only with serious leads.

I don’t photograph weddings though, believe it or not,” he said. “I mainly do concerts, portraits, and landscapes.”

27e221179a9a9ffdb383ba042f905723

Little girl mistakes bride for Cinderella, and the internet wants to send her to Disney World

A photo of a little girl with a bride whom she mistook for Cinderellahas gone viral, and now the internet wants to send her to Disney World to meet other fairy-tale princesses.

On Oct. 13, New York newlyweds Olivia and Caleb Spark visited Akron Falls Park between their wedding ceremony and reception to take photos. “Suddenly, this little girl ran up to Olivia shouting, ‘Cinderella, Cinderella!’” photographer Nicole Wickins tells Yahoo Lifestyle. “I wasn’t sure if I should take photos, but the girl’s mother was watching and seemed OK with it.”

“When she sees a princess, she’s going to love them because she loves princesses,” Lester told Alabama news station WAFF. (The mother told Yahoo Lifestyle that she was not available for comment at the time of publication.)

“Well, we’re going to go to the ball now,” Spark told Layla in a viral video of the meeting.

“I was flattered,” Spark, who did not return Yahoo Lifestyle’s request for comment, told WAFF. “I was in tears that she thought I was a princess, and it just made my day absolutely more amazing than what it already was.”" data-reactid="32" style="margin-bottom: 1em;">“I was flattered,” Spark, who did not return Yahoo Lifestyle’s request for comment, told WAFF. “I was in tears that she thought I was a princess, and it just made my day absolutely more amazing than what it already was.”

The following day, Spark’s mother-in-law shared the story on Facebook.

“The little girl … told Olivia she was beautiful and wanted to touch her dress,” wrote Angela Spark. “My son and daughter in law and their wedding party were moved to tears by this little girl. Their photographer took photos of the little girl and they spent some time with her. Then Cinderella explained that they had to go because she had a ball to get to. Olivia and Caleb would like to find this mother and her daughter so that they can give her some photos from yesterday for this little girl to keep. Please share this with anyone you may know from Akron in hopes of finding her.”

Attention from the post prompted a GoFundMe page called “Help Send Layla to Disney World,” which has raised more than $3,000 to date.

On Oct. 16, Layla, her mother, and Spark reunited in the park, appropriately at a pumpkin structure that mimicked Cinderella’s carriage. “We weren’t sure if Layla would recognize Olivia without her gown, but as soon as she pulled up, she yelled, ‘Cinderella is here!’” Wickins tells Yahoo Lifestyle.

The now-friends were overjoyed and even made plans to have lunch soon, according to Wickins. “Layla said, ‘OK, as long as there are cookies.’”

e09942643ed722fd8922511ae72b2755

3ecd8a1e46c7e49075e5b67a0230952b

Edited by samhexum

A couple plunged to their death from a popular proposal cliff at Yosemite National Park also captured last week in another pair’s viral engagement photo.

Park rangers said the victims died Thursday when they fell from Taft Point, a scenic destination in the California park, news station KPIX reported.

“A male and female visitor died in an apparent fall from Taft Point in Yosemite National Park. Yosemite National Park Rangers are recovering the bodies this morning,” officials said in a statement. “This incident is under investigation and no further details are available.”

The accident comes a week after another couple’s wedding proposal at the picturesque cliff became an online sensation.

Their romantic shot took off on social media as a freelance photographer, Matt Dippel, attempted to track down the couple, whose touching moment he inadvertently snapped.

Dippel said he was waiting to take a landscape photo of his friend when one couple’s engagement caught his eye.

“It’s a super-popular place in Yosemite. Really popular for engagements, proposals, weddings,” Dippel told CNN. “There were at least three or four different brides and grooms up there doing their post-wedding photos, so it’s definitely not an uncommon thing to see up there.”

The photographer said he then tried to find the lovebirds at Yosemite but to no avail.

“I ran over to that point after I took the photo to try to figure out who they were and I asked maybe 20 or 25 people and no one came forward,” Dippel said.

Dippel ultimately reached out to social media for help, sharing the engagement photo in a tweet, which has received more than 164,000 retweets since Oct. 17.

The newly-engaged couple, however, still have not been located more than a week after the viral photo.

• 2 months later...

This bachelor literally found the woman of his dreams.

An unidentified man recently confessed on Redditthat he accidentally proposed to his girlfriend after taking Ambien.

He said that he was having trouble sleeping, so he ended up taking 40 mg of the sleep aid — quadruple the recommended dosage.

“I had an engagement ring in my drawer… woke up and she was wearing the ring on her finger and had explained what had happened,” the man wrote. “ was just shook because [i couldn’t] remember s–t.”

He even updated his Facebook relationship status to “engaged” while in his Ambien-induced haze.

“I had not planned on being engaged with my girlfriend for another year and a half and probably [would’ve] gotten her a better ring but Ambien sped up the process ten folds,” he said.

In 2017, New York Magazine reported on the rise of “Things You Did on Ambien,” a Subreddit thread for documenting people who’ve done bizarre things while under the influence of the sleeping pill. Acts include building a cabinet, cleaning a kitchen and deranged text messages.