Because I'm bored....

SAdler
This topic is 6702 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

...and going to Hawaii in a couple weeks and have friends that are forcing me...

I've decided to give in and try this Cayenne Lemonade Detox Diet. Why the hell not, my grocery bills were getting a little pricey anyway.

So in essence I get to regress to my childhood and stay away from solid foods for ten days injesting nothing but laxative tea at night, sea-salt-saline solution in the morning, and this cayenne lemonade concoction or mint tea in between.

Wish me the best of luck and I'll give a report to any of those interested if this crash fad detox .... excuse the pun .... holds any water.

Guest zipperzone

>So in essence I get to regress to my childhood and stay away

>from solid foods for ten days injesting nothing but laxative

>tea at night, sea-salt-saline solution in the morning, and

>this cayenne lemonade concoction or mint tea in between.

Sounds dumb to me - more harm than good can result in those wacko diet crazes that keep on rearing their ugly heads. And I bet it will make your breath smell like shit - not to mention your shit......

You want to detox-great.But most would agree that a detox diet should last at most 3 days.

Yes to the tea,niet on the high sodium.would suggest a trip to a sauna(and no- the hollywood spa does not count)for lomg streatches in the hot rooms(dry or moist your choice)Always keeping hydrated.

All the lemon cayanne stuff will do is provide a diuretic/bowell stimulant.This will be done by nature with plain old water/tea with a little unsweetned pomagranite or cranberry juice.

Also-you should not attempt school or driving or working out during this as you will be cranky and at a low energy level.

Be sure not to binge after the fasting period.Just normal diet

Awwww thanks BG -- didn't know you cared :)

>You want to detox-great.But most would agree that a detox

>diet should last at most 3 days.

I did my research. Hence why it took so long to get me to jump on the bandwagon with my friends doing it for this trip. There are definitely varying opinions with some saying that the right plans can allow you to detox for almost a month. Just depends on a lot of variables.

>Yes to the tea,niet on the high sodium.would suggest a trip to

>a sauna(and no- the hollywood spa does not count)for lomg

>streatches in the hot rooms(dry or moist your choice)Always

>keeping hydrated.

I actually had a "normal" algae bath detox planned for Thursday so I'm wonering if the two will overkill each other. Lets just say they'll be on warning to have a gallon of water close by.

>All the lemon cayanne stuff will do is provide a

>diuretic/bowell stimulant.This will be done by nature with

>plain old water/tea with a little unsweetned pomagranite or

>cranberry juice.

I think that's the point though. The lemonade is prety damned thick and quenches an appetite for at least 2 hours which amazed me since Im the snack king.

>Also-you should not attempt school or driving or working out

>during this as you will be cranky and at a low energy level.

>Be sure not to binge after the fasting period.Just normal

>diet

Yeah, I was worried about the above too but my friend is a gym rat and he was on his third day yesterday. The guy who I usually kick his ass on Runyon Canyon was waaaaaaaay ahead of me. He also says he's been working out all along and has never felt better.

"The book" touches on the break fast so I think I've got that covered. I don't succumb to fads like this but hey, I can quit any time and meanwhile I'm saving hundreds of dollars on Food for the next week or so :)

Scott,

Have done a lot of research on this diet including buying the book that started the diet. As I recall, the recipe for the lemonade includes cayenne pepper and honey. That's it. And the book says that's all, no salt thingie, no mint tea thingie. Just the lemonade for 7 days. the honey acts as the nutrient. the pepper as the laxative and the lemon juice (the book says squeeze your own, no extract) is the cleanser. As a weight loss diet it is purported to allow for extreme rapid weight loss which is why the book recommends 1 week only, then off, then back on, then off, well you get the idea. Will look forward to your report on the efficacy of this thingie.

>As I recall, the recipe for the

>lemonade includes cayenne pepper and honey. That's it. And

>the book says that's all, no salt thingie, no mint tea

>thingie.

So beyond wrong :) There's an entire chapter that seeks to destroy the honey lobby. Honey is evil and should never be ingested apparently. You're thinking of the Grade B Maple Syrup.

The salt, mint and laxative teas are found in the section about enhancing the detox. Here's a link that references the diet correctly.

http://www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm

>Just the lemonade for 7 days. the honey acts as the

>nutrient.

10 days ... NO HONEY :)

Will keep you posted. Almost wrestled this poor little girl for her muffin on the way to class today. Something tells me I wont be making it :)

Pumpkin !

Why are you doing this?. You`re 21, in great shape -at least you were at dinner last month. As they say -young, hung and full of `tude.

;-)

Don`t get into one of those permanent lose weight/gain weight modes.

No reason for it. You are far too young to go down that road. :)

P.S.As long as you keep the "blue drinks" in moderation and don`t get "nekkid" at the next Hustlaball. :*

>Pumpkin !

>Why are you doing this?. You`re 21, in great shape -at least

>you were at dinner last month. As they say -young, hung and

>full of `tude.

> ;-)

>Don`t get into one of those permanent lose weight/gain weight

>modes.

>No reason for it. You are far too young to go down that road.

>:)

>

>P.S.As long as you keep the "blue drinks" in moderation and

>don`t get "nekkid" at the next Hustlaball. :*

Listen to funseeker . . .

Awwww .... thanks babes :)

I'm doing it for loyalty, solidarity and the sake of detoxification :)

Can't hurt ;) It's definitely not a weight issue so let's not have people wanting to call me Regina ....

"I really wanna lose three pounds."

OK ... so my report is this.

Due to the fact I was weak of mind enough to sit and argue with idiots for no legit principle (usually my only basis) reason in other forums ... I've decided to quit this silly thing.

Oh yeah...that and being asked out to dinner by a PHINE ASS Waterpolo player after my class last night. I had the option of saying...

"No, sorry I'm not eating solid foods only this spicy lemonade for ten days."

or

"Sure, and can we fuck afterward?"

Lets take a guess which I opted for after really thinking about my options. Hee hee! So yeah, after 48 hours I felt slightly cleansed and liquid just shot through me whenever I had it ... must say something :)

Archived