H.R. 1865 Has been presented to the President.

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 2259 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I would hope that being forced to rethink the bill in the cold, harsh daylight of realization of its questionable constitutionality and unintended consequences would result in some changing of the content to focus on the trafficking issue.

I suspect this was more or less rubber-stamped because no politician wants to face an opponent claiming that they voted for child sex slavery and simply didn’t read and understand the damned thing.

Hopefully.

I would hope that being forced to rethink the bill in the cold, harsh daylight of realization of its questionable constitutionality and unintended consequences would result in some changing of the content to focus on the trafficking issue.

I suspect this was more or less rubber-stamped because no politician wants to face an opponent claiming that they voted for child sex slavery and simply didn’t read and understand the damned thing.

Hopefully.

This.

No one is going to vote against a bill that sounds like it will protect their children from sex slavery, especially when you get your news from Faux and Twitter. I hope I'm wrong but Trump will almost certainly sign this thing and I'm not sure there's much anyone can do about it.