Craigslist Kills Personals -

Bearofdistinction
This topic is 2244 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So No time for Gun Control - But Plenty of Time for FUN Control

CL points to new law - As CL eliminates Personals and Even Platonic Only Ads

See Summary of Law at:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1865

I assume RentMen will talk to their lawyers about the effect of this law on a company based in Europe. That’s what they did after RentBoy went down and they took steps to change their operations. The big issue is how will Daddy respond?!!! All very unfortunate if his operation is considered soliciting prostitution. I would think applying sex trafficking prohibitions would be a real stretch.

I assume RentMen will talk to their lawyers about the effect of this law on a company based in Europe. That’s what they did after RentBoy went down and they took steps to change their operations. The big issue is how will Daddy respond?!!! All very unfortunate if his operation is considered soliciting prostitution. I would think applying sex trafficking prohibitions would be a real stretch.

The law isn't just solicitation for prostitution, it's facilitating prostitution online. And that includes any internet service provider who carries any of that, including Verizon, Google, etc. They will have to block those sites or be subject to 10 years in federal prison and civil judgments also. Sites are trying to avoid the block even if they're "overseas". The ones in the US are in direct danger both from blocking and prosecution.