Best Traveling Masseurs

CBA
This topic is 2114 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...

I avoid traveling masseurs. I am sure there are great ones out there, but I feel the odds are against you in finding a good traveling masseur. About 10% are really good....and the other 90% are traveling since they are NOT very good, cannot get regular clients in their home cities due to their lack of skills and/or other negative factors. So they hit the road trying to drum up business. I have always believed if you are that great, and in demand in your home city, why go thru the hassle and expense (airplane tickets, hotels, etc.) and hit the road.....when you could make way more money at home. Simple logic. I know many masseurs will tell you they do it because they like to travel, but in truth it boils down to lack of business in their home city, usually since they are not very popular in their home city for whatever reason. As I mentioned....yes, there are good ones. But the majority are not good. I tried it twice and both were terrible .....no skills, cheap hotel rooms, and shortened sessions since they were flipping as many clients as they could when they were in town. Keep that in mind. They are only there for a short time and that hotel room is a revolving door to maximize their short visit......so you end up getting shorted in your session, or get an overworked masseur squeezing in as many clients as he can. Never again for me. I will stick with the local, stable masseurs.

Edited by Dmitri

Who are the best traveling masseures you have experienced? In terms of a good massage and sensual/erotic combined.

I know a few masseurs that split their time between locations (eg based in NYC but spend a week every month in Miami). I dont consider them ‘traveling’ masseurs - only those that run from city to city are ‘traveling’ by my definition. I avoid those. In my early days I was adventurous enough to try a few but I can only recall one case where it worked out to my satisfaction. He disappeared soon after...

@Dmitri is mostly right and so would agree. If you live in a big city like NY, DC, LA, Chicago Miami area there are enough good stable local guys you don’t need to hire a traveler. But when you live in a city where there aren’t very many at all to choose from locally then travelers become more important. Sorting out the good ones is a trick. So my test on hiring a traveler is where they are from and if they have a good following in that city in the base case. This forum is very helpful with that intel. The best ones (and they are a few) travel because they like to every now and then, but not as a rule. Travelers I‘ve hired « just to see » usually haven’t worked out and have few-to-no skills and cheat you on time. Although an exception would be Alexei who has been much discussed on this site. He was wonderful.

I tried someone travelling in Columbus. Here is how it went:

Walked in a beef cake ( not in nice sense). Asked for lotion. I had none so gave him olive oil instead. He did kneading in both nude. HE was like either you come or this comes off. Wrapped me in my towel, collected and left. I felt like good pizza dough.

I agree with @Kody S - it really depends where you live and whether you have done your homework. There is a shortage of great masseurs in Boston so we definitely benefit from some of the regular travelers who visit like Rob, Brad, Ethan etc from NY. Euro Adam, Taylor and of course Rainer and Ryan West. The forum is an absolute must for vetting the visitors as many are the kind of crappy, untrained “finish yourself” guys none of us want to see but there are the regular visitors and once in awhile the “masseur on vacation” or en route to Ptown that is worth seeing.

• 4 months later...
I avoid traveling masseurs. I am sure there are great ones out there, but I feel the odds are against you in finding a good traveling masseur. About 10% are really good....and the other 90% are traveling since they are NOT very good, cannot get regular clients in their home cities due to their lack of skills and/or other negative factors. So they hit the road trying to drum up business. I have always believed if you are that great, and in demand in your home city, why go thru the hassle and expense (airplane tickets, hotels, etc.) and hit the road.....when you could make way more money at home. Simple logic. I know many masseurs will tell you they do it because they like to travel, but in truth it boils down to lack of business in their home city, usually since they are not very popular in their home city for whatever reason. As I mentioned....yes, there are good ones. But the majority are not good. I tried it twice and both were terrible .....no skills, cheap hotel rooms, and shortened sessions since they were flipping as many clients as they could when they were in town. Keep that in mind. They are only there for a short time and that hotel room is a revolving door to maximize their short visit......so you end up getting shorted in your session, or get an overworked masseur squeezing in as many clients as he can. Never again for me. I will stick with the local, stable masseurs.

I agree, odds are against you when you hire a traveling masseur. I just wanted to add that your odds are SLIGHTLY (key word) better with masseurs from a smaller market traveling regionally to repeatedly visit their client base, say Luke from Indy who regularly revisits Louisville, St. Louis, Chicago, and Cincinnati. But you still have to do your homework since, again, most local travelers suck. Another interesting case are guys from the Miami area. For some reason, this area has a huge population of masseurs, many from Europe and Latin America, and SOME (key word again) are excellent, like Alex(ei) and Max. I'd say avoid if you don't find positive comments on this site.