Adam Rippon at the Oscars

Stormy
This topic is 2271 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ridiculous that he & Nagasu were invited to the event, but the figure skating legend who had an entire movie made about her wasn't... especially when the movie was nominated for awards. Jenney didn't even thank her in her speech </3

Yes funny that-Bruno Ganz didn't thank Adolf Hitler either when congratulated on his performance in Downfall

The look was unfortunate. It was also not particularly cutting edge. It looked like a recycled version of one of the looks Jean-Paul Gaultier did in the early 1990s. It such a pity, because he is a handsome man and would have made a much better impression in some truly cutting edge men's evening wear from Alexander McQueen, or Vivienne Westwood for example. Instead of fashion, he wore a costume. Fine on the ice, but not on the red carpet.

Yes funny that-Bruno Ganz didn't thank Adolf Hitler either when congratulated on his performance in Downfall

Thanking Hitler & Tonya Harding is not the same thing. Jenney did thank her @ the Globes, plus said they text each other IRL. Just sayin' it would've been nice to at least hear her name mentioned after not being invited to the event.

The look was unfortunate. It was also not particularly cutting edge. It looked like a recycled version of one of the looks Jean-Paul Gaultier did in the early 1990s. It such a pity, because he is a handsome man and would have made a much better impression in some truly cutting edge men's evening wear from Alexander McQueen, or Vivienne Westwood for example. Instead of fashion, he wore a costume. Fine on the ice, but not on the red carpet.

His goal wasn't to look good tho, it was to get attention. Which he succeeded at.

Ridiculous that he & Nagasu were invited to the event, but the figure skating legend who had an entire movie made about her wasn't... especially when the movie was nominated for awards. Jenney didn't even thank her in her speech </3

You really think that would be appropriate or appreciated by Harding?

The look was unfortunate.

It was also not particularly cutting edge.

It looked like a recycled version of one of the looks Jean-Paul Gaultier did in the early 1990s.

I have to agree. It's always unfortunate when people with zero fashion sense attempt to be "fashionable".

It looks dated, ridiculous, and uncomfortable.

Remind me again why B-list skaters are being invited to the Oscars?

What's the difference?

Costumes are clothes designed for theatrical effect. For example, the Cone Bra that Madonna wore in the Blonde Ambition Tour of the early 90s. That was designed by Gaultier for an outrageous comment on female sexuality on stage. Madonna would not have worn it to a dinner or film premiere (or the Academy Awards). Clothes that reflect the visual environment of contemporary culture, and Enhance the appearance of the person wearing them are fashion. Poor Adam was trying to appear cutting edge and fashion forward. Instead of wearing the outfit, the outfit wore him. Nobody commented about how handsome he looked. All anyone has commented on is how odd his outfit was and how uncomfortable it looked.

I think he may be entering that "just go away . . . PLEASE" category.

Yeah, I agree. I saw him of all places at Andy Cohen's What watch happens live with that crazy loon Brandi Glanville. Yeah I do watch the housewives.

But here is an Olympic athlete saying his Housewives tagline and I don't know-maybe I am old fashioned -but really WWHL practicing your housewives tagline??

Not the designer. She was a "B" actress who used to dress very daringly (lots of skin, and shiny stuff) for the press beforehand, but was never part of the show.

I think you are talking about Edy Williams she was married to Russ Meyers and became notorious for showing up at the Oscars in a series of wild and tasteless outfits from the 80s until just a few years ago.

http://www.edywilliams.com/oscars/index.htm

Edited by body2body

I really don't follow the world of figure skating but my mom sure does. So, when this guy got into a flap with Pence, it made the news and I heard about it. Mom was quick to fill me in and I forgot about it. Then this week, by total accident on a day off, I happened to see him on the Kelly and Ryan show. I was pleasantly surprised to discover a really nice guy which revealed, to me at least, a very different personality than the one I had ascribed to him based on his oscar appearance.

I think you are talking about Edy Williams she was married to Russ Meyers and became notorious for showing up at the Oscars in a series of wild and tasteless outfits from the 80s until just a few years ago.

http://www.edywilliams.com/oscars/index.htm

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Yes, it was Edy Williams (not Head or Adams!), Queen of the Red Carpet befor the carpet became a fashion thing.