Binge-xxxxxing

Tarte Gogo
This topic is 2286 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

“Binge-drinking” became a favourite phrase of the media in the UK in the 2000s.

I am trying to see if the phrase, or rather pattern, is highly “productive” (as we say in linguistics).

There is the phrase “binge-eating”, and I think I saw someone write “binge-working” once.

What would you call over doing sex until it is unhealthy (or until you get sick of it)?

Binge-sexing? (Sounds weird)

Binge-fucking? (Sounds ok, but you can’t use that one in a paper studying the issue)

Something else?

Is there no acceptable version of the phrase for sex?

Edited by Tarte Gogo

“Binge-drinking” became a favourite phrase of the media in the UK in the 2000s.

I am trying to see if the phrase, or rather pattern, is highly “productive” (as we say in linguistics).

There is the phrase “binge-eating”, and I think I saw someone write “binge-working” once.

What would you call over doing sex until it is unhealthy (or until you get sick of it)?

Binge-sexing? (Sounds weird)

Binge-fucking? (Sound ok, but you can’t use that one in a paper studying the issue)

Something else?

Is there no acceptable version of the phrase for sex?

Binge Blowing

I wonder if it depends on what path is taken over doing sex. Binge hiring, binge grindering, etc,

Binge-hiring sounds great, but indeed is specific.

I guess the only neutral and general version would be binge-having-sex, but that is not weird, that is just such an awful phrase!