Inter-city bus: NYC to Philadelphia

Doe Be Doe
This topic is 2282 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Fuck me, $26.50 today for a return to Philadelphia on a table seat, all included?

I have paid more for some Ubers from Manhattan to Manhattan!

I thought the Magabuses were crap, but if pool boy says it is a nice bus and is clean, totally worth it.

There is a similar service called BOLT BUS - which also travels btwn NYC and Philly - BOLT and MEGA allow you to buy tickets in advance online starting as low as $5-10 bucks.

Amtrak is not very customer friendly. I went to Penn Station for a 9:09 train. At 9:15 or so they changed the board from on time to delayed. At 10:15 I arranged to reschedule my appointments in Philadelphia and went home. Around 11:30 I had an email from Amtrak that my train was cancelled.

What a way to run a railroad!

I'm taking the bus next time.

Amtrak is not very customer friendly. I went to Penn Station for a 9:09 train. At 9:15 or so they changed the board from on time to delayed. At 10:15 I arranged to reschedule my appointments in Philadelphia and went home. Around 11:30 I had an email from Amtrak that my train was cancelled.

What a way to run a railroad!

I'm taking the bus next time.

Say what you will but according to history experts -- Mussolini kept the trains running on time!

I travel frequently between NYC and Philly. I've not taken the bus but I've taken a bus to DC and Boston. It's not glamorous, but it's a ride and it's cheap and you get there. I do prefer the train, though - partly because I live about 8 minute walk from Penn Station, and partly because I am collecting miles so I can get free trips. I think a short jaunt like the one between Philly and NYC is certainly bus-able.