Satillite radio

Tygerscent
This topic is 6730 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Does anyone out there have satillite radio? I recently rented a car that has it in and am really enjoying the incredible diversity of the music there. I generally take a day and explore and reasearch music I might like to collect and use during shows and things but the satillite radio has been great. WHile driving I tune in to the various stations and find some great new music I've never heard before. Some of the ones I have on my new research list are:

Ragev - tribal west indies type music

KT Tunstall - female vocalist with nice natural rawness.

Simon Webbe - French, swexy, sweet, smooth

Iris Gruttmann - zestful, boastful and bold German group.

I've had Sirius for a little over a year. I don't listen to music that much-- mostly just Public Radio. That's the main reason I got Sirius instead of XM-- Sirius has three Public Radio channels.

The system I have plays through my car radio by setting it to an unused frequency. The sound quality is not all that great (which isn't that important with talk programming); I don't know if that has to do with the satellite service or the fact that it's playing over a radio frequency and not directly into the speaker system.

When I listen to music, it's generally the Broadway channel.

The other negatives: reception can be spotty in certain areas where the signal can't get through due to tall buildings or trees. And it cuts out going under overpasses, through tunnels, etc.

Also, you have to attach a magnetic antenna to your car's roof (unless you have it custom installed.) And although they claim you can use it in your home, you really can't unless you can get the antenna to have a clear path to the satellite. Also: all channels are not commercial-free!

I have had Sirius for over a year and I LOVE IT!!!! I get great sound on the music channels in my car, and the diversity of channels cant be beat. There are some commercials on the talk stations, but the music stations are commercial free. Sirius also has a gay station with some pretty interesting talk and music programs. There are some small times when you cant get the signal, like tunnels and underpasses, but you cant get regular radio on tunnels either. And its great for road trips, you never have to worry about driving beyond the signal of your local radio station, you could drive across country and listen to the same station the whole way, cant do that with regular radio...All in all, its $12.95 a month well spent, in my opinion

My new Acura came with XM already installed as part of the sound system.I never thought I would pay for satellite radio but after the free trial period I became a subscriber.I never listen to regular radio anymore.I would have preferred Sirius instead but I'm not about to change equipment on a leased car.I have Dish network satellite tv and they give you 50 Sirius channels as part of their package and I have to say I think Sirius is much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived