Exterminating Angel

g56whiz
This topic is 2213 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My favorite opera reviewers, Tomassini in the NYTimes and George Loomis in the Financial Times have written that this will have been no doubt the highlight of this season at The Met. Since Live in HD is no longer available within 150 miles of me I invested in Met Opera On Demand. Does anyone have some insight when Exterminating Angel will be added to the On Demand library?

I don't know. I'm hoping it will indeed be added - occasionally there are rights issues (the Satyagraha HD has never been on the On Demand site - I'm assuming that was due to royalties, either by the production team or by Glass).

I do expect that PBS will air the production sometime later this year, though. And there could be an encore showing in movie theatres this summer, though obviously that won't work for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Because last Saturday’s Luisa Miller is also the scheduled matinee next Saturday, they’ve scheduled a radio broadcast of Exterminating Angel.

Which, most likely, will be a repeat of the HD performance.

This Saturday we also get a rare Saturday night broadcast - the live performance of Tosca, which will air on Sirius as well as the Met's live streaming service.