WORLD AIDS DAY

Steven_Draker
This topic is 6761 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It is always refreshing to see that someone is astute and quite conscious! Applause to you Steven.

It is Sunday 04 December 2005, and NO ONE has responded here in any way. Last Thursday 01 December was World AIDS Day. I was co-chair of a special program in our area which (if I must say) went rather well! Everyone seemed pleased that the program was held.

On Wednesday evening I went to a church in the area which held a pre-WAD ecumenical service. It, too, was timely...

Again, I am appalled that no one took the time to read Steven's announcement and responded in some way. Hope this does not happen again in 2006.

Well, I took the time to read Steven's announcement. What kind of response did you want? Perhaps all that was needed was a reminder.

I have mixed feelings about WAD since I don't know if it is supposed to help us remember those we have lost or be conscious of those who will be lost. Perhaps both. Most gay men I come across want to act as though AIDS does not exist, or just happens somewhere else.

Axiom, thanks for your comments. I wasn't really expecting any reply at all, but yesterday's evening made me think twice about this.

There are still out there (excuse me the expression) some "stupid people" who act irresponsibly and bareback when they get a reply like "I'm negative" ... And the best part was ... "Don't cum in me" ... pathetic !

And this is happening in front of my eyes during an orgy. Such a waste ... :-(

You can still have fun and protected sex together and at the same time.

SD ~

Archived