Does Anyone Here Use The Dropbox App On An Iphone?

Gar1eth
This topic is 2309 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I noticed this after my last IOS update. I don’t think I did anything else. But when I went to upload a picture to Dropbox from my iPhone picture roll , Dropbox didn’t even show up as I was accustomed to it doing. So at the end of the horizontal row where the Dropbox app usually was, there was an icon with three dots in it, and the word ‘more’ under it. I selected it, and there was a list of apps/icons with toggle buttons. I saw Dropbox there, toggled off, and toggled it back on.

After that the Dropbox icon reappeared as an option when I picked a picture from the camera roll to upload to Dropbox. But where before a box would show up asking me where in Dropbox (which file) I wanted the picture to go to, now this new box appears-which I had never seen before-

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ejayn5py66p0pvg/File%20Feb%2008%2C%2012%2018%2019%20AM.jpeg?dl=0

So now I have to choose where in Dropbox to send the picture-which I think I had to do before. But to ‘un-gray’the upload button, I also have to pick an email address to send the picture to which I had never had to do before. Plus when the picture is uploading, it now says ‘sharing’ which I think before it just said ‘uploading’.

As far as I know I haven’t changed any options on either Dropbox or my iPhone. The only thing I did was update to the latest iOS, and the App Store May have automatically updated my Dropbox app. My Dropbox version is 82.2 and was just updated a week ago. I don’t know what happened.

Gman

So you're having trouble uploading a pic from your iPhone to your dropbox account? I never used that functionality, but just tried it directly from the dropbox app and that seemed to work. Open the dropbox app itself on your phone, hit the large + button at the bottom, hit upload photos, and go from there.

I hate when updates force you to change the way you do things, but let me know if that works.

Kevin Slater

So you're having trouble uploading a pic from your iPhone to your dropbox account? I never used that functionality, but just tried it directly from the dropbox app and that seemed to work. Open the dropbox app itself on your phone, hit the large + button at the bottom, hit upload photos, and go from there.

I hate when updates force you to change the way you do things, but let me know if that works.

Kevin Slater

Thanks Kevin-I know how to do that. But it’s (slightly) more inconvenient as I have to wait for all my pictures to upload inside the Dropbox App ( I have over 2000 pictures on my phone) where before I simply went to the picture and chose to upload it. Even now its not that difficult to upload directly from the picture to Dropbox. I can just choose to email myself along with uploading the picture to Dropbox to get the upload button to un-gray itself. But it’s ridiculous that I have to do that to upload a picture. I was hoping someone could show me a setting to allow me to upload as before.

Gman

Thanks Kevin-I know how to do that. But it’s (slightly) more inconvenient as I have to wait for all my pictures to upload inside the Dropbox App ( I have over 2000 pictures on my phone) where before I simply went to the picture and chose to upload it. Even now its not that difficult to upload directly from the picture to Dropbox. I can just choose to email myself along with uploading the picture to Dropbox to get the upload button to un-gray itself. But it’s ridiculous that I have to do that to upload a picture. I was hoping someone could show me a setting to allow me to upload as before.

Gman

Does it look like this? If DropBox is in the top row I think that shares it, that’s why you’re getting then”message” and whatnot. Bottom rows are save options....I think o_O

11070_DAF-_AC44-4_DFF-8_F4_F-8509703_BCCCF.jpg

Does it look like this? If DropBox is in the top row I think that shares it, that’s why you’re getting then”message” and whatnot. Bottom rows are save options....I think o_O

11070_DAF-_AC44-4_DFF-8_F4_F-8509703_BCCCF.jpg

Thank you. That’s what it was. Apparently when the phone updated to the new iOS, it toggled off certain settings-Dropbox being one of them. I also had to log back into a few sites.

I had never really known what the difference between the top and bottom rows were. When I couldn’t find it, I added it to the top row not realizing it was originally on the bottom row.

Gman