Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen, Happy New Year...a real dud.

rogerG
This topic is 2338 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think even Andy Cohen sensed that things weren't going well when he started to ask Anderson: "Am I boring you? I sense you are starting to tune me out." Between complaining about the cold and wondering whether a muscled kangaroo looked like "a shirtless Zac Efron," it was all quite edgy, and not in a good way.

I think even Andy Cohen sensed that things weren't going well when he started to ask Anderson: "Am I boring you? I sense you are starting to tune me out."

When I tuned in near the end, right before the ball drop, Cohen was trying to get Cooper to talk about wishes for the New Year. Cooper wasn't cooperating. Seems that the chill in the air had nothing to do with the weather in Times Square. :oops:

When I tuned in near the end, right before the ball drop, Cohen was trying to get Cooper to talk about wishes for the New Year. Cooper wasn't cooperating. Seems that the chill in the air had nothing to do with the weather in Times Square. :oops:

The proof of their inanity is most obvious when they cohost with Kelly Ripa. Cooper uses the word "like" so much that I have to turn him off, and the giggling is really annoying. Cohen can be clever at times but he's so superficial and such a show biz princess that it all starts to sound like drivel after about the first sentence. But what do I know? They both have gorgeous boyfriends and lots of money. Of course, I wouldn't expect either one of them to date anybody less than physically perfect as that seems to be what counts for them. So Hollywood typical.

I once read a gossip article somewhere (doctor's office maybe) that said Cohen was teaching Cooper how to be a better top. And now that image is just stuck in my head.

I think even Andy Cohen sensed that things weren't going well when he started to ask Anderson: "Am I boring you? I sense you are starting to tune me out."

There were a couple of these self-doubt moments that were really glaring from the viewer perspective. Cohen got a bit defensive-snippy when Anderson seemed to be critical. Again, if this is chemistry, the lab bombed.

If Gloria Vanderbilt was your mom, you’d be odd too.

That's the main reason I've always given Anderson a bit of rope. But I know people who work with him, and they don't have great things to say. He really doesn't like to be touched.