Crazy Rich Asians

LoveNDino
This topic is 2034 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great novel be interested in seeing how the adaption to movie is. Successful or not ?

I saw the movie today and am enticed to read the book. I wonder how the book treated Nick and Collin's relationship. They were portrayed in the movie as very bro-y, and even affectionate in a manly way of course. :rolleyes:

I see it is actually a trilogy of books. The end of the movie suggested to me that there will be a sequel.

There is a Mahjong scene that's been written about. It's pretty good, clever stuff with human messages.

The cast was outstanding.

It's not Oscar worthy kind of cinema. But people obviously like this movie. It appeals to the masses and touches several buttons.

There are handsome, shirtless dude scenes, poignant scenes and so on.

The funny, gay dude is stereotypical, yet a mostly respectable queen. At one point he teams up with a character that looked and sounded a bit like Miley Cyrus. She was awesome and has a pretty big part in the movie. Those two added a lot with their comedy.

24-awkwafina.w1200.h630.jpg

There was a Cal State Fullerton reference where the audience erupted, but that might be mostly a So. Cal. thing. I saw it in Pasadena. It was a very funny sequence though.

Edited by E.T.Bass

• 1 month later...