MARTIN PAGE (In the House of Stone and Light)

samhexum
This topic is 2346 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I loved his debut album, but it had some heavy themes and was depressing to listen to at times. I never listened to any of his other albums.

Page was able to work with some of his musical heroes, including Earth, Wind, and Fire, The Commodores, and Elton John's writing partner, Bernie Taupin. Page's partnership with Taupin yielded the hit singles "We Built This City" (Starship) and "These Dreams" (Heart). Page and Taupin worked together again on Taupin's Tribe album (which also featured Fairweather on guitar) and Page's In the House of Stone and Light album. Page was also the composer behind Go West's big hits "King of Wishful Thinking"(I love that song) and "Faithful". In addition to the aforementioned hits, Page has also written songs with Robbie Robertson, for Tom Jones, for Josh Groban, and many others. Page also played keyboards for Ray Parker, Jr., on the Ghostbusters theme song.

In 1994, Page received recognition as a singer and musician with his debut solo album In the House of Stone and Light. The title track, which he wrote after spending some time in reflection on a visit to the Grand Canyon, was a hit in the same year, reaching No. 14 on the Billboard Hot 100. After the success of In the House of Stone and Light, Page took some time for touring and reflection. Both his parents and some dear friends died during the time between his first and second albums.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpQFSQQmaW64V8xGVvPGGCKtGwCWXXvyJ