Sandra Bernhard on tour

GregM
This topic is 2342 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I noticed she is doing a lil tour. She isnt coming to Chicago but will be in Milwaukee. I'm consideri g seeing her and maybe doing the VIP meet and great. Is she worth seeing?

Hugs,

Greg

I knew her probably 20 years ago, during her "I'm still here" run. I was best friends with her drummer, so I went to several concerts, LA, Vegas, Chicago, New Years Eve in NYC, and got the whole VIP treatment. She was incredibly gracious to me and always made sure that I was included.. Her humor is edgy, clever, and a take no prisoners kind of attitude, so as such, her appeal is very specific, but if you like her, it could be fun...

Edited by bigvalboy

Saw her in Atlantic City two years ago and she put on a great show!

Love her! I can't believe she isn't coming to Chicago if she is going to be in the Midwest.

I am always interested in hearing what she has to say her radio show on Sirius.

Yes! I've probably seen her a dozen or more times (way back to the mid 80's when she was just starting out at Club Lhasa in Los Angeles). As well as finding her incredibly funny, I love her singing voice (and unusual song selections).

I knew her probably 20 years ago, during her "I'm still here" run. I was best friends with her drummer, so I went to several concerts, LA, Vegas, Chicago, New Years Eve in NYC, and got the whole VIP treatment. She was incredibly gracious to me and always made sure that I was included.. Her humor is edgy, clever, and a take no prisoners kind of attitude, so as such, her appeal is very specific, but if you like her, it could be fun...

I noticed she is doing a lil tour. She isnt coming to Chicago but will be in Milwaukee. I'm consideri g seeing her and maybe doing the VIP meet and great. Is she worth seeing?Hugs,Greg

The last time Sandra Bernhard partied on New Year’s Eve was more than a decade ago, in Palm Springs, Calif., and the experience was “just dreadful,” she says. “New Year’s Eve is not a fun night, unless you’re doing what I do and gather people together,” says the 62-year-old, who started a party of her own: the annual music, comedy and “absurdity of life” storytelling shows she performs at Joe’s Pub (Saturday night at 7:30 and 9:30, Sunday at 9 and 11, JoesPub.org). “I make it an intimate party,” she says of her “Sandomonium” sets there. Bernhard, who also hosts the “Sandyland” radio show on SiriusXM, talks with The Post’s ERIC HEGEDÜS from Chelsea, where she’s lived since 2000 with her daughter, Cicely, and longtime girlfriend, Sara Switzer.

I’m on the road a lot. If I’m home, a typical weekend is pretty low-key. I like to stay in my neighborhood. But it’s New York, so worst-case scenario you just walk out the door and there’s always distractions.

Saturday morning I often go to the Torah reading at Sixth Street Community Synagogue. Rabbi Gavriel Bellino is modern; his wife’s a lawyer and they only have two kids, as opposed to a hundred. He is supercool and really supportive of the gay community.

We go to theater, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen anything. Laurie Metcalf in “A Doll House, Part 2” might have been the last thing I went to. I see her whenever she comes to New York to do a show. I’ll be seeing her in “Three Tall Women” [previewing Feb. 27 at the John Golden Theatre], and we’ll go out for dinner.

I’ve been wearing a lot of Rachel Comey, a great designer, and Orla Kiely, whose store is on Bleecker. They do really beautiful dresses and I wear a lot of their stuff for performances on stage. My jewelry’s by Sarah Magid and Erickson Beamon, who started romantic jewelry looks years ago and everybody’s knocked them off over the years. I got the originals.

We go to all of the Cookshop restaurants. They have a new one, Shuka, a Middle Eastern restaurant which is excellent. The fish at all the restaurants is always delicious and well-prepared.

On Sunday, if it’s football season, we watch football — the Detroit Lions because I’m from Michigan. They never go all the way, but they hang in there. We like underdog teams.

If there’s a really interesting thing at a museum, we’ll go — but never on the weekend because it’s just too crazy. You know New York: You’ve got to pick your moments to do things because otherwise you’ll be caught in a deluge of humanity.