Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

foxy
This topic is 2355 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Looking for a warmhearted, happy holiday movie? This isn’t it. There’s lots of anger, tragedy, brutality, racism and interestingly humor. I found myself laughing in the oddest places. You get dragged around a lot in this movie and it’s a riveting ride that leaves you hanging at the end.

With an Oscar worthy performance by Frances McDormand who is surrounded by a cast who manages to keep up with her much of the time. I left the theater feeling a little exhausted but felt I’d seen what might be the best film of the year.

I did a double-header last week seeing Ladybird followed by Three Billboards. I thought both were exceptionally good and I agree with the comments posted so far about a possible best actress nod for Frances McDormand. Am I right in recognizing the first boyfriend in Ladybird as the actor who played the McDormand character's son in Three Billboards? That young man is also a highly talented actor.

• 2 weeks later...
Frances McDormand is glorious in this movie <333 It's been over 20 years since she won an Oscar for Fargo, time for another one this awards cycle <3

She is one of America's greats. One of the smart ones who pick her material wisely. I can't wait to see it.

Lucas Hedges is in both Three Billboards and Lady Bird. He also was the son who lost his father in last years Manchester By The Sea.

I saw The Disaster Artist last week and it's a very well done fun ride. James Franco will probably get a Best Actor nod.

I really have gotten a great appreciation of James Franco that I did not have before. I got to like him in Deuces. For some reason he had always rubbed me the wrong way.