Love, Simon

LoveNDino
This topic is 2211 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have always been impressed with Greg Berlanti, the openly gay producer of this film, and so many of the CW super-hero and teen shows and remain grateful to him for his casts of gorgeous young men in most of his projects. This film looks great, especially as a different take on growing up and coming out in high school!

TruHart1 :cool:

Is the film an HBO production? Or is it just the interview that is reproduced above? If it is an HBO production, will it be shown on that channel?

It’s an actual movie that will roll out nationwide next Friday. It was made by Fox.

We’ve won the struggle, I think. The movie theatre was filled with teenage girls who shrieked in delight and clapped their hands when our hero kissed his guy at the end of the movie (I hope that doesn’t spoil it for anyone).

They actually were able to put themselves in the shoes of our gay hero. PROGRESS!

Kind of a mixed up message that confirms to straight people to remain mindful around us.

The young ladies watching with me last night, including my niece, seemed to fully embrace the protagonist and were able to put themselves in Simon's shoes. They were pretty vocal expressing their giddiness, especially in the last scene. Also, I thought that last scene was pretty revolutionary. I'm old enough to remember watching similar same-sex scenes in the past and confronted with others' nervous snickerings.

The dad's reaction to his son's homosexuality was touching here as well, and I heard sniffles around the theatre while it was playing out. I just thought it was done more effectively in the TV show Glee.

All in all, I liked it. And I plan to watch it again, since I vote with my dollars, and my Movie Pass makes it a lot easier to do this.

We’ve won the struggle, I think. The movie theatre was filled with teenage girls who shrieked in delight and clapped their hands when our hero kissed his guy at the end of the movie (I hope that doesn’t spoil it for anyone).

They actually were able to put themselves in the shoes of our gay hero. PROGRESS!

This has been going on for years. Slash fanfiction, anyone? Real person fiction especially. Read and often written by teenage girls, not all of whom are straight.

Screened it weeks ago with critics so didn't get the same reaction as in a theater.

I thought it was cute but none of the adults felt believable outside Jen Garner (and no one's dad looks like Josh Duhamel ever lol).

The one diner guy looked way older than high school, as did Alexandra Shipp.

I do know the feeling of emailing your crush anonymously and waiting for replies. That happened to me back in the day (before smartphones and push notifications) and I would rush back home. He thought I was a girl though lol.