Exterminated Angel

g56whiz
This topic is 2359 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I got back midweek from an long Asian trip looking forward to getting to the Live in HD broadcast today of Exterminatin Angel. I’d read Tomassini’s “Don’t Miss This One” Review in the NYTimes on-line. This morning I learned that our local theater is no longer carrying these Live in HD performances. The nearest alternative is 150+ miles away (2.5 hours one way).

I’m PISSED.

Cinemark cancelled half of last season to install its new lounge seats. You can be certain my ass will never again occupy one of them.

BTW I called the Met to inquire and learned that many theaters dropped out this season. Unless steaming on demand is extremely lucrative, so much for Peter Gelb’s business model.

Edited by g56whiz

I'm not sure what the deal is with the movie theatres. The one closest to me dropped out for a season - now they're back.

They're building a new movie theatre complex right down the street from me, which is part of a huge extension of an existing shopping center - they should be operating by this coming summer. I'm crossing my fingers that they will offer the Met HD-casts as well as other arts-related programming, but I'm not holding my breath.

In the meantime, I'm sure PBS will be showing The Exterminating Angel later this season - and that it will also become available on the Met On Demand website.

I'll be seeing the encore broadcast a week from Wednesday. And the NT Live broadcast of Follies the night after that.

I'm very sorry that your movie theatre caved in, though.