George Takei denies allegations he groped male model in 1981

Avalon
This topic is 2388 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So...

He went to a gay bar (that evidently had a back room btw).

Got drunk.

Went home with another older famous man.

And was “surprised” the other man “groped” him.

If that’s “inappropriate”....

then I have been “inappropriately” touched on hundreds if not thousands of occasions!

So...

He went to a gay bar (that evidently had a back room btw).

Got drunk.

Went home with another older famous man.

And was “surprised” the other man “groped” him.

If that’s “inappropriate”....

then I have been “inappropriately” touched on hundreds if not thousands of occasions!

+1

This could get messy. Following is an excerpt from an article posted at: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-takei-accused-sexually-assaulting-model-1981-1056698

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/static/frontend/2017_11_02_1101/assets//images/brand/thr-logo-white.svg

6:09 PM PST 11/10/2017 by Ryan Parker

Takei, as Brunton tells it, invited him to dinner and the theater. "He was very good at consoling me and understanding that I was upset and still in love with my boyfriend," Brunton says. "He was a great ear. He was very good about me spilling my heart on my sleeve."

The two men went back to the actor's condo for a drink the same night. "We have the drink and he asks if I would like another," Brunton recalls. "And I said sure. So, I have the second one, and then all of a sudden, I begin feeling very disoriented and dizzy, and I thought I was going to pass out. I said I need to sit down and he said sit over here and he had the giant yellow beanbag chair. So I sat down in that and leaned my head back and I must have passed out."

"The next thing I remember I was coming to and he had my pants down around my ankles and he was groping my crotch and trying to get my underwear off and feeling me up at the same time, trying to get his hands down my underwear," Brunton says. "I came to and said, 'What are you doing?!' I said, 'I don't want to do this.' He goes, 'You need to relax. I am just trying to make you comfortable. Get comfortable.' And I said, 'No. I don't want to do this.' And I pushed him off and he said, 'OK, fine.' And I said I am going to go and he said, 'If you feel you must. You're in no condition to drive.' I said, 'I don't care I want to go.' So I managed to get my pants up and compose myself and I was just shocked. I walked out and went to my car until I felt well enough to drive home, and that was that."

THR spoke to four longtime friends of Brunton — Norah Roadman, Rob Donovan, Stephen Blackshear and Jan Steward — who said that he had confided in them about the Takei encounter years ago.

TBH, I've never been much of a Takei fan. The allegation seems plausible.

Am not sure if there is meant to be a connection in the two sentences? Does being a fan or not make the allegation more or less plausible?

I know that sounds slightly facetious, but am sort of seriously asking as I think it does affect the way people view or judge allegations.

The seems to be the suggestion that Takei spiked the drink....or what do you make of "disoriented and dizzy".

It’s the oldest date rape drug in the book....it’s called....A-L-C-O-H-O-L

Seriously....the guy is trying to imply that he was drugged and molested by Takei......

Fucking decades later?.....please Mary.

You got drunk with a horney older gay man at his house.

You’re lucky you didn’t wake up chained to the radiator with your ass bleeding.

Personally, I’ve always thought Takei was creepy, but this is just sensationalist crap.

I wouldn’t have been impressed or cared if the “victim” had told me the story the next morning

over brunch. Decades later.....you expect me to care?.....really?.....why?

rather it is not always alcohol.

But it almost always is just plain old alcohol.

People always think they were drugged....and they were...with alcohol.

I’m not saying it never happens. There’s a reason I only drink beers

in long neck bottles at gay clubs. It’s easy to keep my thumb firmly

covering the entire opening between sips.

Edited by nycman

I have no doubts about what happened: none. Whatever was put in my drink was far more powerful than alcohol.

Did you ever try to have a guess at the motive?

You were hot enough to be a target for unconscious sex (rape)?

Or they wanted your wallet?

Or you could have been victim of abduction for the purpose of extortion?

Did you ever try to have a guess at the motive?

You were hot enough to be a target for unconscious sex (rape)?

I knew some of the people there, so it may not have been sex related. I was never unconscious. Luckily I went with a friend who drove. On the ride home, the road kept changing. So I knew it was not booze or even LSD. And it lasted for the next two days.

My guess is there was someone there who really disliked me, or, just as likely, it was just a random spiking of drinks.