NEW YORK BOOKSTORES

Guest REGINA
This topic is 8826 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've only arrived on the NYC scene recently and was shocked to discover all the book stores with glory holes have been closed by the mayor. Instead of whining about it, as I have in other messages, I thought I would write and ask if anyone knows of any New York adult bookstores which have glory holes and other fun things. I went to the Montauk theater in New Jersey and had a fabulous time (and I mean FABULOUS, like a cruise ship buffet), but I understand they have been raided and gone the way of NYC. Not looking for bath houses, does anyone know of great active safe (i.e. not get shot) bookstores? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I had better success in the woods of Wisconsin than here. Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest leandream1

Lion King

The Disneyfication of New York is one of the great tragedies of the last decade. Mayor G runs that fantastic city, the true capital of the world, as if it were a police state. Regina, you have my sympathy. Good luck.

Guest REGINA

RE: Lion King

As if it WERE a police state...it IS honey!

One example of the scary turn of events in NYC. Midtown (42nd Street) used to be full of unusual and exciting people, of which were numerous drag queens, hustlers, etc. There was a restaurant on 11th and 43rd open24 hours which, if you went to late, had lots of everyone. I was there in November, around 3am, dying for coffee after a very long party, when four drag queens came in; loud, boisterous, quick witted and funny. Within five minutes four police cars were in the parking lot and six officers were inside, asking these people to leave.

From asking some what appeared to be regulars if this was a regular occurance, they said no: thanks for the Fuhrer, er, uh, Mayor, and his family values, most trannies, drag queens, hustlers, etc. are arrested--if not harrassed--and asked to "move along". In the meantime, this diner would have been out of business a long time ago when the only people who would venture to this less than appealing area were these people.

And people want to vote for him in the next election?! If he were senator, "Arbeit mach frei" would be over the Lincoln Tunnel instead of "Welcome to New York". His wife even thinks he's a doof!

Regina,

As one who is moving to NYC in the next few weeks, I really want Herr Rudy to be OUT of town! It seems to me the best thing is to send him in to Washington DC where he will have no power, no influence and most importantly he will be out of of NYC. He and his dysfunctional family will probably be the laughing stock of the Capitol Hill elite.

Send Napolean to Elba where he can't do anyone anymore harm, eh?

Guest REGINA

Yikes HooBoy! You think Rudy in the Senate is a good idea? What next, me in the military, Chris Canton running the Sisters of Mercy in Calcutta India!? Mr. Giulliani's sites are on the presidency, NOT the senate and views that position (senator, that is) an excellent platform from which to leap. If he successfully assumes that position we all will simply have to grab our ankles and hope for the best.

I shutter AND shudder at the prospect. :0

I really have no right to even comment on it because I'm not there yet, but I think he would have less power in DC than he does in NYC. As for his desire to be President - well, Dan Quayle, Patrick Buchannan, Ross Perot, Steve Forbes, Pat Paulson all had the same aspiration.

And do you seriously think a man with a comb-over could ever be President of the USA? :-)

Archived