A masseur's memory

schmojo
This topic is 2387 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Sorry if this is a silly question but I saw a masseur last month. It was slightly sensual but not as sensual as I would have hoped. Howeve, I have read here that masseurs are willing to go further the more times you visit them. Has anybody had an issue with a masseur not remembering them, say 2 months later?

I hired a masseur that I had hired one or two years earlier, and I completely forgot about the first time -- which was OK. The second time, since I didn't remember him, I talked as if it was our first meeting, and he said, politely, "You know, I've been here before. I remember the picture of the tiger over your bed." So one of us forgot, and one of us remembered. Can be the same for you.

But that's not the point. If you liked him, and would like to see him again IF he's more sensual, why not just call him and say that you enjoyed your time together, but you would like a more sensual experience? That's more sensible than hoping that he'll be more sensual the second time around. If he won't, you've wasted your money. As I said this morning in another reply to a question, candor and respect will work all the time! Just ask him!!!!

I sometimes wonder this too. I normally would say things like "enjoyed our session last time, hoping for a little more sensual if that's okay". Or when I actually see them I might remind him of something that stood out so as a hint to do that again. But, with some of these guys seeing maybe 3-4 a day I can't expect him to remember.

But with masseur you can't expect all of them to do the extras since they don't advertise that so it will vary customer to customer.

I tend to go see someone for a good massage first and if it gets a little sensual, that's nice too. But I admit I have some masseurs I go to in order to get a great massage and some keep it legitimate and that's it. But it was a good job and that's what I needed and I leave it at that. I have others who get a good massage and there are sensual undertones to it. It adds to the experience and definitely makes it more pleasurable. But I've also come across some of the legitimate masseurs who started off as completely legit and then with repeated sessions, we build a rapport and there are sensual aspects to it and adds to the experience. It's just establishing that trust which is nice for me.

But there have been some that have forgotten me. I'm not overly talkative. I tend to stay quiet and just enjoy the massage. Sometimes a good chunk of time passes so I don't expect them to know, but others have forgotten but in the end, I stopped going to because I felt the repeat experience wasn't that great either. If a fair amount of time has passed, say more than 2 months, I really don't expect them to remember me because too much time has passed and I don't get offended or anything. But I've had masseurs who could remember me after much time has passed. I'm assuming they kept notes because it was a good year or so since I last saw them. It was completely legit, but I was traveling and passing through which is why so much time had passed. But I was surprised he mentioned details that were very specific that we talked about during the massage.

Often times if I repeat with a masseur after a bit, I remind him that I've seen him before, enjoyed the experience and would like to repeat. I may say, "My name is.... and you may remember me from last year or an earlier trip...". Almost always, I discover they do remember. I've had a couple of guys say they remember but confused me with someone else. I don't necessarily expect they should remember their client loads.

I find that most masseurs remember me, unless it's been a long long time... like 2 years or more since I've seen them.

Sometimes I think asking them if the massage will be sensual might put them on the defensive and they might say "no it's legit"... even though... if you just go with it, they often go the extra mile anyway.

Archived