Boston Hotels

hornytwells
This topic is 2374 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey there -

I'm a regular Boston visitor - grew up there. I love the Loews in Copley. It can be a bit loud with street noise, but it is stylish and has a fun bar, restaurant. Copley provides easy access to public transit as well as freeway. I also like the Westin at Copley. It could use a refresh, but if you get a corner room on a higher floor with a river view (request), it's spectacular. And it is shockingly quiet if you're on a higher floor.

Holler if you want more info.

Hey there -

I'm a regular Boston visitor - grew up there. I love the Loews in Copley. It can be a bit loud with street noise, but it is stylish and has a fun bar, restaurant. Copley provides easy access to public transit as well as freeway. I also like the Westin at Copley. It could use a refresh, but if you get a corner room on a higher floor with a river view (request), it's spectacular. And it is shockingly quiet if you're on a higher floor.

Holler if you want more info.

Thanks so much for the info, time was passing so I had to book and ended up in Chandler Inn which is close to where I am working plus it has a 20% reduction from the company, so since nothing else was forthcoming here i booked it! Hope it is ok!? Don't have much free time to play this weekend, so not sure I can find a hot masseur

I know you've already book....but hopefully for future reference......

Avoid the Mandarin Oriental Boston.

It's like staying in an overpriced Hilton Hotel,

It's nothing like the other Mandarin's around the world.

I like Beacon XV.

http://xvbeacon.com/

It's Old School yet modern, boutique, and flawless....all words I like!

Thanks for the tip, but as it was weekend and getting expensive I had to book, plus the Chandler is 5 mins from where I need to be....hope its ok but will save this for next time! Rates are over $500 a night tho....

I know you've already book....but hopefully for future reference......

Avoid the Mandarin Oriental Boston.

It's like staying in an overpriced Hilton Hotel,

It's nothing like the other Mandarin's around the world.

I like Beacon XV.

http://xvbeacon.com/

It's Old School yet modern, boutique, and flawless....all words I like!

Thanks for the tip, but as it was weekend and getting expensive I had to book, plus the Chandler is 5 mins from where I need to be....hope its ok but will save this for next time! Rates are over $500 a night tho....

XV Beacon also houses a great Steak restaurant, MOOO ... incredible wine list.

Chandler Inn is great. The Chandler Studios is better, but both are great deals if you want a no frills stay with a nice clean room. Plus, Trophy Room bar is in the Chandler Inn. Great place to meet guys.

Thanks so much-the company I am working for suggested Chandler Inn as they get a rate. The bar has hot guys, its gay? or gayish?

(PS: Is anyone else having a lot of trouble yesterday and today getting into this forum?)

It is a gay bar. The nicest one in Boston, so you are in a good place. Most of the staff is gay, too. Older hotel staff, but younger bar staff.

I like the location in the South End. You are in the epicenter of where gays in Boston congregate. It is also one block away from Club Cafe, which is more of a nightclub on the weekends. Good choice!

Not quite nasty but surprisingly low grade and crappy considering the rates-it was recommended by the company I was visiting and they gave me a rate but I would NEVER stay there again-noisy, not that clean, no one serviced the room, no breakfast.....understated is putting it mildly! Why are Boston hotels so expensive, was it because it was a weekend/time of year?

Boston hotels are priced so high because there is insufficient supply for the demand. If there is a big convention in town, graduation season, or summer with tourists, you're screwed - a crappy room could cost $300 and the nicer hotels in the $400+ range. They are building more hotels but not fast enough. It's one reason many masseurs won't travel here or only on occasion. Rates go down when business travelers are not here - usually around major holidays (ex-summer) and in the dead of winter.

Boston hotels are priced so high because there is insufficient supply for the demand. If there is a big convention in town, graduation season, or summer with tourists, you're screwed - a crappy room could cost $300 and the nicer hotels in the $400+ range. They are building more hotels but not fast enough. It's one reason many masseurs won't travel here or only on occasion. Rates go down when business travelers are not here - usually around major holidays (ex-summer) and in the dead of winter.

Thanks, that is very interesting to know and makes sense now-I couldn't believe this crappy hotel was $200 a night minimum and its a 2 star hotel!?

Archived