How do you prepare before the masseur arrives?

7829V
This topic is 2404 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Most of the time the masseur comes to my place, I always take a shower, and I let him know, so he knows I'll be fresh out of the shower, I trim if necessary. I double check there's easy parking right in front of my house, I make sure house is clean, and there's enough room for massage table or if bed is going to be used we have extra sheets... I prepare iPad with massage music, in case he doesn't bring his own. Also, I prepare extra towels, bottled water or other drinks. I make sure lighting is to my liking, etc. Also, if cold, I turn on the room heater... if hot, make sure fans are on. I think that's it. I wonder if others do the same or do things different.

Most of the time the masseur comes to my place, I always take a shower, and I let him know, so he knows I'll be fresh out of the shower, I trim if necessary. I double check there's easy parking right in front of my house, I make sure house is clean, and there's enough room for massage table or if bed is going to be used we have extra sheets... I prepare iPad with massage music, in case he doesn't bring his own. Also, I prepare extra towels, bottled water or other drinks. I make sure lighting is to my liking, etc. Also, if cold, I turn on the room heater... if hot, make sure fans are on. I think that's it. I wonder if others do the same or do things different.

I admire your thoroughness and energy! My personal take, though, is that this isn't, nor should it be, Vietnam.

- Yeah, I make sure I am showered and haven't sweated doing something since the shower that day, but I don't make a big deal out of it by stating it explicitly, it sort of goes without saying.

- My house is always reasonably clean because I hate mess, so no special effort there. I always assume that I'll wash my sheets after the massage and I always have a ton of extra towels anyway.

- I always have bottled water... and beer, and typical other items. My experience has been that if they want anything it's almost always water. With the exception of one masseur who downed way too much brandy (I had this interesting quince shit), I was starting to get worried but didn't say anything and, thank God, it ended without accident. On a side note, I usually get Fiji water because I like the taste, I know it's a little more expensive, and I do get a positive surprise reactions from some. As long as I have more than 3 bottles, I am all set.

- And, yeah, I turn the thermostat up a little because I am going to lie there naked for like 90 minutes and I like to feel warm.

That's it! I rely on them to bring the music etc. and if they don't, we'll play it by ear and pick a mutually agreed upon music channel on cable TV or something else. But a vast majority of them do come equipped with their own music which also tends to serve as a timer.

PS And, btw, I do have a preference for masseurs who don't shower after the session, I am busy and typically prefer to just move on rather than wait for them to be done. I also tend to like keeping the lotion on till the next day, it makes my skin nice and soft. Jake being a notable exception, I've jumped in the shower with him many times, just because he is so much fun and we are pretty close by now, so this seems like a natural thing to do. Nothing sexual, just a cheerful buddy-buddy rapport.

I have learned several good tips from this thread!!

My Plan A is to shower before a massage and then not use any deodorants so I feel as natural as possible. My head is shaved so there is never any hair products (other than some SPF 30). I like my own music for massage at my place. I prefer not to eat several hours before a massage. I always have a bottle of water on the table, a hand towel close by, and I leave the payment in an envelope. I have had the experience of being so blissed out after a massage that I forgot to pay the masseur and wondered why he was not leaving.

Archived