Do you ask for reviews?

This topic is 2463 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I never ask for reviews and when I get them I am very pleasantly surprised and grateful. People pay me in full for the experience we have together when they give me my rate, they are under no obligation to add to my advertising. However, quite a few have chosen to do so, and I appreciate them deeply for it and let them know.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I usually send a thank you text each time i meet with someone, be it the day after, or as I'm leaving a city on a trip. I, more often than not, ask for reviews. If I've asked once or twice, and they haven't, I'll back off, but at least after the first time, I'll ask.

I do internet marketing as my 9-5, and there are dozens of studies out there, at least for brick-and-mortar businesses, that say that people will look at online reviews before making a purchase.

Plus here, It can be hard to vet yourself against others, and real reviews, though not 100% telling, can be a way to help vet yourself. So I know that reviews on all sites - including here - have helped me a ton.

Same here. Most often I receive a thank you message from my clients after and at that point I will suggest that they can give me a review. If I don't hear from the client by the next day, and I already know it is ok to text them, I often will send a message letting him know that I hope it was even better than he expected. When he replies that it was, I will usually ask for a review. Not Daddy's though. I gave up on even suggesting someone review me there after the threads talking about how they are no longer being posted. I wish RM included the clients comments, but I think the fact that all 34 of my reviews on there are 5 star is at least a pretty good indication. :D

Good to know. Thanks. Maybe I will start asking my clients again if they use Daddy's Reviews. Occasionally, they do.

Don't underestimate the impact. I know you're doing well and not hurting for clients, but I've had the pleasure of being the first time reviewer for several guys. They all reported a noticeable spike in serious clients. I've only done one "first review" of a guy since the reviews came back online and I haven't checked in with him. There might have been some momentum lost because of the downtime, but if there was, it'll come back.

I never ask for reviews and when I get them I am very pleasantly surprised and grateful. People pay me in full for the experience we have together when they give me my rate, they are under no obligation to add to my advertising. However, quite a few have chosen to do so, and I appreciate them deeply for it and let them know.

Class Act

lwjt6.jpg

Don't underestimate the impact. I know you're doing well and not hurting for clients, but I've had the pleasure of being the first time reviewer for several guys. They all reported a noticeable spike in serious clients. I've only done one "first review" of a guy since the reviews came back online and I haven't checked in with him. There might have been some momentum lost because of the downtime, but if there was, it'll come back.

Thanks. I will definitely keep that in mind and start asking again.

I do not mind when I am asked for a review AFTER A GOOD EXPERIENCE. It troubles me when I am asked after a mediocre performance.

Exactly! If I've had a wonderful time, I don't need to be prompted to write a review. If I've had an ok to good time, I just won't.

Another key is, if the same person repeats with you, then you're doing something right.

Archived