Rent.men change in ads

Bart
This topic is 2439 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The hashtags themselves are not search hyperlinks but when you navigate to the main page Search function you will see that "hashtags" are now a search criterion in a free-form text field.

The "Preferences" search criterion (where you can check any number of activities that interest you) is still one of the search parameters but I would not be surprised to see it disappear - it's becoming redundant.

If the changes are intended to move the site away from prescribed sexual content (e.g., you can click a pre-defined box labeled "rimming") and toward user supplied sexual content (I.e., you can type a word like "rimming" in a blank field) then it would be consistent with the legal notion of relieving RM of culpability in supporting sexual content as described in the "Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act".

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just noticed something about the hashtags... you can put any letters and numbers in them.

I just added a couple of hashtags for my RM profile - "#250perHrIncall", "#1000Overnight" and it shows up on my profile page.

When you view a list of profiles in search results the hashtags are always shown on the search results screen.

The upshot is that profiles can show rates on the main screens - you just can't use the search min/max sliders as criterion.

• 3 weeks later...
Odd, I see rates. I logged out, cleared cache (was still able to see them) and logged back in and still see them.

EDIT: I see rates when logged into RENTMEN.EU but I do not see them when logged into RENT.MEN. I wonder if rates would be allowed in profile text.

I suspect there will be a big increase in casual browsers sending "What is your rate? What if I only want 30 minutes?" messages.

It looks like an opportunity for someone who is positioned to swiftly create lots of personal web sites for guys who don't already have them.

//yo

Someone more technically savvy than I can confirm but it appears based on a brief experiment that rates are omitted for profiles of guys in cities in the US. I VPN'd elsewhere and they were still not shown, though rates of non-US guys were shown.

I guess I wonder what "urgent" means in the RM statement and how long this has been planned. Was it in response to something recent or a more strategic decision.

You just totally made my day..thanks for the LOL

I discovered 2 days ago that the rates are now being shown on RentMen, but only if you use RentMen apps for Windows and Android. I'm not sure if the iPhone app shows the rates since I don't own an iPhone. The rates, at least in the US, do not show if you are using a browser to get to RentMen.

Here's a picture of the people who complained in the past about 'ask me' on profile rates:

giphy.gif

On the plus side, hopefully we won't have nearly as many threads asking about the pro and con of 'ask me'

Thus is killing me After a day of dealing with FEMA, State Farm and Cypress because of Harvey and Irma (i got hit in HTX and FTL!) this was the best meme I've seen

Archived