Gay Muslim wedding in London.

marylander1940
This topic is 2497 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Gay Newlyweds Reveal They’ve Been Threatened Following Muslim Wedding

Earlier this week, Jahed Choudhury and Sean Rogan made headlines around the world when the two men were married in the U.K., in what’s been described as Britain’s first Muslim gay wedding. (Another man named Dennis Harper disputes that, claiming his marriage in 2016 was actually the first.) Choudhury, 24, and Rogan, 19, were married in their local registry office on Tuesday, and both men wore traditional Bangladeshi wedding attire for their ceremony. Following the wedding and the subsequent media attention, Choudhury has been discussing the extent of abuse and threats he and his partner have faced.

Appearing on the BBC, Choudhury said to host Victoria Derbyshire that he and Rogan have faced threats both online and in real life, including death threats and acid attacks. “I have people spitting on me and calling me pig — all the nasty stuff,” he said. “I just keep walking.”

https://www.yahoo.com/style/gay-newlyweds-reveal-theyve-threatened-following-muslim-wedding-180359099.html

Archived