The organ (out takes)

AdamSmith
This topic is 2503 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
P.P.S. This thread has however brought to the foreground the board's sore lack of a Furniture Showroom forum!

http://www.bassman-blaine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/High-Point-Market-2015-Designers-Guide-I-e1440449678226.jpg

http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2015/03/milan-furniture-fair-contributing-writer-job-inhabitat.jpg

:p

P.P.P.S. Not to omit the mandatory Ego Reinforcement post (that was the actual name that Clarke gave to one of HAL 9000's Logic Element blocks in the 2001 novel):

Ur umble AS has of course attended both the above events, courtesy his ex-hubby, the genius but eventually entirely insufferable interior architect/interior decorator to whom one pronounced a very definite good-bye in 2009.

Again, it was Kubrick, then Beethoven who first showed me the power of simply not ever conceiving that any worthwhile thing might be impossible to achieve.

Then Yoda, among several others. To Luke: "Do, or do not. There is no try!"

Just so innocent people don't get blamed...

"Our American Cousin," was the comic play that Lincoln saw the night he was killed. One of the first American "Comedy & Tragedy" out takes.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-j05cNYxsMJY/Te-_a0USbZI/AAAAAAAAFsU/L0fYAObTVWU/s1600/SARAH+PALIN+GEORGE+WASHINGTON.jpg

I already posted about Death in Venice Beach Ca. And the Venice Casket Co. So I will refrain from doing so again.

I missed your earlier post (and don't really understand what's going on in this thread, LOL) but it reminds me of Oscar Wilde, who, after a gondola ride in Venice, said, "I have just ridden through a sewer in a coffin."

Oscar Wild was thereafter always considered a Party Pooper! You don't have go to Venice, Las Vegas is much closer.

I missed your earlier post (and don't really understand what's going on in this thread, LOL) but it reminds me of Oscar Wilde, who, after a gondola ride in Venice, said, "I have just ridden through a sewer in a coffin."

Well, for BB and other who might have missed it... first a book by Vinton Rafe McCabe:

51nVxXjGBHL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Then... Thomas Mann meets William Shakespeare:

death-coffin-merchant-coffin_maker-casket-coffin_factory-rmon1909_low.jpg

These are out-takes from the Organ Thread in the "Comedy and Tragedy Forum" where we discuss mainly Classical Music and musicians (such as the comedy of Code Rossini vs. the seriousness of Code Beethoven... as setting the stage for the remainder of 19th Century music) and as you will notice many other topics as well. The 'powers that be' have decided that the more over the top comical elements had to be moved... Not a bad thing as now we have greater visability... Plus it might even encourage others to visit the Organ Thread and check it out... However, please be forewarned that it's not that type of Organ... or is it????? You might be surprised at what you might learn.

So bottom line... I guess some of us were a bit overly comical for a forum named "Comedy and Tragedy"... How tragic is that... :( ;)

So bottom line... I guess some of us were a bit overly comical for a forum named "Comedy and Tragedy"... How tragic is that... :(;)

And imagine into how many different forums would the Powers have felt it necessary to slice such a multifaceted work as The Importance of Being Earnest. Or Moby-Dick. Or The Faerie Queen. Or etc etc etc.

And not enough fora exist in even an 11-dimensional string-theory universe for such as Nabokov's astounding Pale Fire! A novel masquerading as a poem; a work of fiction parading as a set of scholarly footnotes from the mind of a delusional madman.

I was the shadow of the
slain

By the false azure in the window pane...

Very much like what we were doing there. Are still doing here.

The splitting is odd but, as WG says, does give added visibility, never a bad thing.

Archived