A New Forum -- Bitching About Each Other and This Site

Uncle Bill
This topic is 6899 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>I checked out that other board and wow there's a whole lot of

>sniping going on, it's like a swarm of piranhas in a self-consuming

>feeding frenzy...

Hey Raife, check it out again (if you've got the stomach for it.) Their smug boast of 'freedom' to say all has now come back to bite them--bigtime. And their desperate flailing about to reconcile the irreconcilable is delightful to behold.

RE: on the negativity thing... June 2005 edition

>"and without the slightest intention of putting words in his

>mouth"

>Since when has that ever stopped you from putting words in

>others mouths?

Don't lie. Unlike you, I am not one of those cretins who constantly make up shit, claim another poster said it, and then excoriate him for "saying" it. I leave such disgusting behavior to you and your ilk. :)

>>I checked out that other board and wow there's a whole lot

>of

>>sniping going on, it's like a swarm of piranhas in a

>self-consuming

>>feeding frenzy...

>Hey Raife, check it out again (if you've got the stomach for

>it.) Their smug boast of 'freedom' to say all has now come

>back to bite them--bigtime. And their desperate flailing

>about to reconcile the irreconcilable is delightful to

>behold.

HedLice is one of those who constantly complain about the vitriolic posts of others, as if there is any way of distinguishing his vicious, hateful rants from those of anyone else. But it's become obvious that he spends at least as much time on the other board reading the posts he claims to deplore as he does on this board deploring them. :)

In fact, every time I come here I see more and more posts that refer to what is posted in the other place. That doesn't bode well for HedLice's frequent predictions that the other board won't survive. And for some odd reason the posts here are often penned by those (like HedLice, raife and Uncle Bill) who are most disapproving here of exactly the sort of thing they're reading there. Do they really think anyone is going to take seriously their pretended disapproval when they sneak off to enjoy on the other board the very thing they claim to disapprove?

>HedLice is one of those who constantly complain about the

>vitriolic posts of others, as if there is any way of

>distinguishing his vicious, hateful rants from those of anyone

>else.

Would you mind quoting (or even pointing to) ANY post where I complain of the vitriol shown by others?

It seems to me that my focus is rather more on content (the validity and honesty thereof) than in the way it's worded. I welcome any forcefully put idea in posts I may agree or disagree with, but tend to ignore the foul language and gutter-level insults that might accompany them. In fact, I'm secretly gladdened by the latter--since the violent trash talk you and your ilk eventually resort to is a sure sign that you're losing the argument--and know it.

And if you can't distinguish between emphatic put-downs and what you call 'vicious, hateful rants,' you're even less fit to debate than I first thought.

>Would you mind quoting (or even pointing to) ANY post where I

>complain of the vitriol shown by others?

Finding such complaints in your posts is about as tough as finding graves in a graveyard. The first (among many) that comes to mind is that memorable post in which you accused Chgo of making insulting remarks about BG on the other board and then brown-nosing him on this one.

>It seems to me that my focus is rather more on content (the

>validity and honesty thereof) than in the way it's worded.

It's hard to believe you're concerned with honesty or validity. If you were, you'd have apologized when Chgo pointed out, in response to the attack I mentioned above, that he didn't post the insults of which you accused him. But you never did apologize. So much for your pretended concern for honesty and validity. Why tell such transparent lies? You can't really believe anyone is fooled by them, can you?

>I

>welcome any forcefully put idea in posts I may agree or

>disagree with, but tend to ignore the foul language and

>gutter-level insults that might accompany them. In fact, I'm

>secretly gladdened by the latter--since the violent trash talk

>you and your ilk eventually resort to is a sure sign that

>you're losing the argument--and know it.

"Trash talk" is a sign that the one who produces it is losing the argument? So when you engage in juvenile name-calling like "Woodlouse," it means that you are in the throes of rhetorical defeat? Or is it just that you, like so many other rotten hatemongers, have a different set of rules for yourself than the rules you apply to everyone else? :)

>And if you can't distinguish between emphatic put-downs and

>what you call 'vicious, hateful rants,' you're even less fit

>to debate than I first thought.

I doubt very much that you are going to persuade anyone of what an honest and forthright fellow you are by arbitrarily assigning the insults you write to a category called "emphatic put-downs," while assigning everyone else's insults to the quite different, and much worse, category of "vicious, hateful rants."

You are a hater. It's quite obvious to everyone who reads these boards. Lying about it won't change anyone's mind. :)

Guest ncm2169

< I'll rethink my screen name

How 'bout sumthin along the lines of, " ... Southern Sheriff in LA?" }(

You're doin' just fine, UB. Don't change a thing. :D :D

Hey Uncle Bill,

I have certainly received my share of digs from all sides, so I can speak with some experience. I also have learned alot and even changed positions over time on some issues because of things posted here.

I don't think we need a new forum, or even an ignore button as was mentioned on another thread.

I am a big boy and can change channels if I find something or someone I don't really appreciate. As with any exchange of ideas, I am always looking to learn something new or interesting and the enjoyable bytes can come from the most unexpected places.

Having been gone for a while (vacation). I am not up to speed on all that has happened. But I gather from talking to friends that there now exists a place where the unhappy or disaffected can go and post whatever they want. I don't know the URL exactly, but it's something like RANT.com or something..(maybe I am thinking of a different place.)

Anyway, it's a good to have a place where you can go and interact with like minded folks with impunity. Everyone needs a steam vent to exorcise their demons.

The MC rules as highlighted up front seem to be easy enough to understand (if a bit long to read), and since everyone has had fair warning, any actions by moderators or administrators should be no surprise for anyone.

Anyway....

I am glad to see the center up and running and look forward to more chances to meet and get to know guys from this site.

Archived