Get Out

Rockey
This topic is 2510 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I like the concept; however, I thought it was slow-moving and either not scary enough or not funny enough and that a lot of it was predictable. But I am not the target audience. I'm sure it would resonate more with me if I were black and I didn't need to watch the movie to be convinced of the points it made about white discomfort with blackness and black men.

That said, I thought the acting was good and the unraveling of the girlfriend's motivation was well-executed. The depiction of the hippie-dippy mother was particularly good. Of all the antagonists, she's the one who stood out to me.

I just finished watching the movie "Get Out." I can't recommend it more. Did anyone else see it and think it was great?

I intentionally skipped it while in theaters to avoid the hype. Just watched it last week on a plane. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Jordan Peele really brought his A game in his directorial debut. The performances all across the board were fantastic, but Allison Williams really blew me away. Much of the movie's climactic impact hinged on her performance and she did not disappoint.

Archived