AirBNB cancellation

Kman
This topic is 2535 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

All geared up for my trip for NY tomorrow, but my airbnb cancelled at the last minute (reservation was starting tomorrow)!! Not too concerned about finding another place as there are plenty of options. Wondering if this has happened to anyone and how the cancellation process goes? I think the host would have to cancel the reservation, and as of now he has not done that yet, which makes me a bit nervous. Thanks for any info.

All geared up for my trip for NY tomorrow, but my airbnb cancelled at the last minute (reservation was starting tomorrow)!! Not too concerned about finding another place as there are plenty of options. Wondering if this has happened to anyone and how the cancellation process goes? I think the host would have to cancel the reservation, and as of now he has not done that yet, which makes me a bit nervous. Thanks for any info.

Can't you call the host directly? With my one, and so far only, airbnb experience, the host sent me contact information 48 hours out.

Why I won't use AirBNB. I don't like the idea of having a host cancel at the last minute and getting stranded. There's also a lot of people who just can't get their head around professionalism and consistency. I choose hotels only now. I know what I'm getting, reservation guaranteed, more amenities and sometimes a better deal if I book Priceline at the last minute.

Can't you call the host directly? With my one, and so far only, airbnb experience, the host sent me contact information 48 hours out.

I do have his direct number..we have just been emailing so far but he has not returned any messages since he sent his cancellation email.

Why I won't use AirBNB. I don't like the idea of having a host cancel at the last minute and getting stranded. There's also a lot of people who just can't get their head around professionalism and consistency. I choose hotels only now. I know what I'm getting, reservation guaranteed, more amenities and sometimes a better deal if I book Priceline at the last minute.

It was my first time using airbnb, the price of this place is what sucked me in! I may have to go back to hotels now..too many unknowns with airbnb or any site like it.

I had this once. The guy wrote directly to say he had to cancel, but didn't actually start the process with AirBnB. I asked him like three times "you need to officially cancel". And finally I wrote to them myself to complain. (AirBNB had my money). They dinged him and then he got all huffy that I was being assertive, and asked me to just cancel from my end.

Turns out that there are huge penalties if the host cancels so the jerk was trying go avoid that. AirBnB stepped in and I even got a credit for rebooking if I did than rather than taking the refund.

Archived