Is MasseurFinder losing favor among Masseur

510guy
This topic is 1867 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think we all know why M4m is useless now.

But I noticed some people I used to see on MasseurFinder are not advertising there either so I thought they went away. But I found them on rent.men or rentmasseur. I don't think rentmasseur is quite there yet though. I only hire for massage+ but have others noticed this too?

Yes, the advertising situation is in flux right now. Some of my guys tell me they have migrated to Rentmasseur because it's cheaper and also because M4M and Masseurfinder aren't as good as they used to be, have far too many silly restrictions, and charge too much for what they deliver.

One of my guys, who's been advertising in NYC for a long time, told me that one of those sites deleted his use of "sessions" in his ad. Too suggestive for them! I recently reviewed another long-time advertiser on M4M, and they finally posted the review (after a delay of more than ten days), and they had edited the review. (Without telling either me or the masseur.) I assure you that there were NO suggestive words in it, as I know how to play their game. I forget what adjective I had used to describe the massage, but they substituted "nice." I spotted it because I would never use a weak, non-descriptive word like that.

Yes, the advertising situation is in flux right now. Some of my guys tell me they have migrated to Rentmasseur because it's cheaper and also because M4M and Masseurfinder aren't as good as they used to be, have far too many silly restrictions, and charge too much for what they deliver.

One of my guys, who's been advertising in NYC for a long time, told me that one of those sites deleted his use of "sessions" in his ad. Too suggestive for them! I recently reviewed another long-time advertiser on M4M, and they finally posted the review (after a delay of more than ten days), and they had edited the review. (Without telling either me or the masseur.) I assure you that there were NO suggestive words in it, as I know how to play their game. I forget what adjective I had used to describe the massage, but they substituted "nice." I spotted it because I would never use a weak, non-descriptive word like that.

I agree @beethoven with all you said. I have heard similar stories from various guys that have massaged me. M4M is the WORST from my masseurs feedback. The words they cannot use in their ad copy is ridiculous. One masseur said he mentioned in his ad copy that "he has air conditioning for those hot days." M4M rejected it since he used the word "hot" ????? I also have submitted reviews and had my reviews edited for the most bizarre reasons. They publish it.....but pull any words they think even reeks of anything besides massage. Then they add their own words to my review without telling me! That pisses me off, so I stopped submitting reviews. I notice on many reviews the M4M staff likes to add the word 'Professional" to reviews. So lame! Yes, I understand and totally agree they need to be careful. But they go WAY overboard. The kicker is that masseurs rates on M4M are way above the going rates for Therapeutic Massage at Massage Envy, etc.. At Massage Envy, etc. rates are around $75/hr......om M4M they are $120/hr-$180/hr. The feds ain't dumb. So I don't know who M4M thinks they are fooling.

Edited by Dmitri

Does anybody have any comments about MasseurFinder's new look? Smattering of ads all over with no order? And adding a favorite doesn't work.

There are pluses and minuses to the new look. It's horrible though when searching with your phone.

As for advertising on MF yes my regular guy admitted that it's just cheaper to put an ad at RM.

Does anybody have any comments about MasseurFinder's new look? Smattering of ads rall over with no order? And adding a favorite doesn't work.

When was the last time you tried adding a favorite? I just added two favorites a few minutes ago. The function was not working very well the first day or two after the change.

I agree @beethoven with all you said. I have heard similar stories from various guys that have massaged me. M4M is the WORST from my masseurs feedback. The words they cannot use in their ad copy is ridiculous. One masseur said he mentioned in his ad copy that "he has air conditioning for those hot days." M4M rejected it since he used the word "hot" ????? I also have submitted reviews and had my reviews edited for the most bizarre reasons. They publish it.....but pull any words they think even reeks of anything besides massage. Then they add their own words to my review without telling me! That pisses me off, so I stopped submitting reviews. I notice on many reviews the M4M staff likes to add the word 'Professional" to reviews. So lame! Yes, I understand and totally agree they need to be careful. But they go WAY overboard. The kicker is that masseurs rates on M4M are way above the going rates for Therapeutic Massage at Massage Envy, etc.. At Massage Envy, etc. rates are around $75/hr......om M4M they are $120/hr-$180/hr. The feds ain't dumb. So I don't know who M4M thinks they are fooling.

What's crazy is if the reviews are flagged as a masseur we only have one chance. If we allow a review that is suggestive they will take review privileges away from us. I am a numbers guy I keep track of business income every day of the year. I can say with all of these changes since Rentboy was raided my business has dropped 30%. They also increased the price to advertise from 99 a month ( 7 years I advertised on this site) to 277$

I tried Rentmassure but I don't think I booked a client from there yet. 70% of my monthly income is from regulars and repeats. Which I am extremely grateful that I have them

Guest InthePines

I hope it's losing favor among masseurs, it certainly sucks for clients as does M4M. Bottomline and without being graphic, these guys should have the right to advertise in greater detail the services they're offering and we as clients should know without question what we're paying for prior to booking the session.

Rentmasseur is the better site, for it does at least allow the masseur to disclose if the massage they offer has an erotic component.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I have noticed that 90 percent of the so called masseurs that advertise on rent masseur , are not formally trained, overly expensive. Have used some, but you can expect a mostly dreadful massage.

Wow, I have had the opposite experience. Many of the masseurs on Masseurfinder are also on Rentmasseur. The price range when you compare both sites are in the same range. The only difference as most of us are aware is that Rentmasseur allows shirtless photos/explicit ad text....Masseurfinder has a shirt only policy/no explicit text. I prefer Rentmasseur because I can visually see shirtless/partial nudity/private photos of what I am getting physically.....on MF I can't tell, and have been disappointed on many occasions when under those shirts on MF are a flabby body and love handles, when I was expecting a six pack. Also, when I hire from RM I ask about their training before hiring. Many are CMT's and I have received many great massage sessions from RM. I highly prefer RM over MF. Great layout and hot pics on RM!

Edited by Dmitri

I haven't put a lot of stock in MF, except for basic contact information for initial communication and possible engagement, since the site stopped allowing us to post reviews, along with all the other depravities mentioned here. I'm noticing more and more cross-referencing with RM. I hope it doesn't succumb to ruination as well.